• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    In the conversations > inbox while looking at a conversation, on desktop, on the right side under conversation info, at the bottom of that box it says “kick”.
    What does that do? I clicked it but backed out, didn’t want to necessarily ring their bell (well, ok, I did) but it looked kinda serious. Like, I could start a conversation with someone and kick them off the forum. Or at least a good swift kick in the bee hind. Or maybe just a little reminder that they have a message waiting? Curious. And thank you.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Looks like it's an option added by an addon to the forum software.

Kick Participants out of conversations. Option to allow certain user groups to kick a user out of their conversation via a link in the participant's mini avatar. A kicked user may be re-invited back into the conversation at any time. Please note that those users who leave the conversation on their own accord cannot be invited back as per default XenForo behaviour. Administrators cannot be kicked out of conversations, while Moderators can only be kicked out by Administrators. See images #18 and #19

from this page:

Edit: I thought it was going be be a way to remind someone to respond in the conversation, as in kick them to get their attention.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Looks like it's an option added by an addon to the forum software.

from this page:

Edit: I thought it was going be be a way to remind someone to respond in the conversation, as in kick them to get their attention.
    Thanks, makes sense.
    I was looking for a way to to remind someone, without the evil “bumping the thread” in the classies.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Thanks, makes sense.
    I was looking for a way to to remind someone, without the evil “bumping the thread” in the classies.

Of course I've never tested it. It could be a different addon/function entirely. This forum software has thousands of add-ons available.

You can bump a conversation with a new reply. I usually put a time limit on offers for items in the classifieds in case my offer is ignored or the seller just doesn't reply for some reason.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Of course I've never tested it. It could be a different addon/function entirely. This forum software has thousands of add-ons available.

You can bump a conversation with a new reply. I usually put a time limit on offers for items in the classifieds in case my offer is ignored or the seller just doesn't reply for some reason.
    Time limits? You don’t understand, I’ve got the hots for the shiny!

Not really even purple.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Time limits? You don’t understand, I’ve got the hots for the shiny!

Not really even purple.
    Yeah I put, "this offer good until ....", just so I don't get an answer 3 weeks later saying that they will accept.

When you got a the hots for a new shiny you don't want to wait on slow pokes to make up their mind. Move on to the next one.

Top Bottom