• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    It looked like the other Starbucks employee was still wiping down tables while the fight was occurring??

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I guess I could quibble with the intervener's tactics, but it was fun to see him go all Gran Torino on the robber. Bravo Zulu.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I noticed that... such dedication to the job should be rewarded somehow.

Starbucks' policy is to not resist the robbery and to do everything they demand. She's obviously following the zero resistance policy. Not wanting to appear lazy knowing everything is being recorded and will be reviewed later, she keeps busy and politely moves out of the way when the fracas moves to the table she was cleaning.

I thought I saw a pistol at the beginning. Had to watch a better version of the video. Turns out the pistol was a fake, which is why he pulled the knife out. Even so, attacking him with a chair was quite risky. Wouldn't surprise me if Starbucks bans the man who intervened from their stores threatening trespassing charges if he sets foot in one. After all, one of the employees might have been injured during the scuffle.

John

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    That was an interesting video and food for thought. What would one do regarding intervention if you walked into a situation like that and see two guys on the floor grappling over a knife? Pretty scary. I mean, you could reasonably surmise that the guy wearing the mask is the bad guy/aggressor but what if was the old gent with the flip flops and he just really, really hates Transformers? I dunno.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Wow, I didn't see the bloody spray at the end last time. Guess he did get him pretty good. That said, I disagree with:

Flores's mother, Pamela Chimienti, described Jerri's actions as "excessive force" and told KSEE that Flores planned to file a lawsuit.

"The guy, in my opinion, went from a Good Samaritan to a vigilante," Chimienti told the broadcast news station. "Stabbing somebody that many times, it doesn't take that many stab wounds to get somebody to succumb to you."

Clearly, he was still fighting at the end of the video. There was no "succumbing" at the time the video clip ended.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The attempted robber was an idiot...wearing a transformers mask? Really? They'd just need to check mom's basement to find him.

He deserved the whooping he got; and more...probably years before.

Top Bottom