‘‘Handgun Purchaser Licensing Act’’ introduced in the US Senate.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Just as the title describes, if passed you will need a permit, (permission) from the Feds to buy a handgun. The assault on the 2nd continues!

Link to article: https://www.guns.com/news/2021/03/17/dems-push-to-require-permits-before-allowing-handgun-purchases

Link to bill: https://www.vanhollen.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/FINAL HPLA 2021.pdf

Edit: After reading my first statement again I see it's incorrect. The Bill sets up Federal grants to the States to set up a permitting system. I got ahead of myself because I firmly believe that if passed will eventually end up with needing persmission from the Feds to buy a handgun.

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I know there is an open case in Illinois challenging the constitutionality of their FOID card requirement. A state circuit Court ruled it was unconstitutional and it was appealed to the IL Supreme Court, which found a way to not actually rule on the constitutionality question, sending it back down to the lower court. This was a little more than a year ago.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Assuming this "act" is what we think it is, will this be the camel's nose under the tent taking us to the next level, if you want to exercise your first amendment freedom of speech, if that speech is political you will have to pay a monthly tax of $50 to complain about republicans, $1000 per month to complain about democrats, of $100 to complain about all others?

Many despots have found that the spoken word can cause more deaths than a handgun.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's well past time that SCOTUS strikes this **** down as unconstitutional. I still don't understand how nine states already have this in place.
    Given how they performed on the election fraud issue, I can't feel secure that SCOTUS would rule the way we want on this. If they were afraid of unrest if they called into question Xiden's election, who's to say they wouldn't also be afraid of unrest after the next convenient mass killing happens while gutting RKBA is being implemented

But no more mean tweets, so we've got that going for us

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Assuming this "act" is what we think it is, will this be the camel's nose under the tent taking us to the next level, if you want to exercise your first amendment freedom of speech, if that speech is political you will have to pay a monthly tax of $50 to complain about republicans, $1000 per month to complain about democrats, of $100 to complain about all others?

Many despots have found that the spoken word can cause more deaths than a handgun.

Hell, the camel's nose was let under the tent back in '34. Should have hit it with an axe then.

Top Bottom