• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    John-Michael is known to many INGOers from different events and USPSA matches. I picked up him after the match today and headed to Crane for the youth hunt.

We got signed in on base and headed to some power lines I'd scouted several times during lunch and after work. I had cut out a little hole in a thicket near the edge of the woods and we got settled around 5:30.

643965_10151114988113528_1568196069_n.jpg

We had seen some does on our walk in around a hundred yards away, so we knew they were moving. From his vantage point, he could look down the power lines for 100 yards and about the same going up the hill.

About 15 minutes later, he looks back up the hill, then gets up with his muzzleloader and shooting stick and faces uphill and goes to a kneeling position. I peer out of the brush and see what got his attention, a nice doe about 50 yards away in the middle of the power lines clearing.

He followed his shooting steps he learned from Appleseed just two weeks ago, inhale, exhale and BOOM!

Once the smoke cleared, we see her run off up the hill and into the woods. I asked him what he thought and he said "I called my shot right in the breadbasket". I smiled and we took the gear to the truck and waited a bit. I reloaded the ML just in case and we ate some beef jerkey and drank some water and headed up the hill searching for blood. Video tells that story:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TNWU1kX2ms[/ame]

As you can tell, I am one proud papa today. Here is his hero shot:

578597_10151115014218528_926680844_n.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Can't wait till my grandson is a little older. It falls to both of us grandpas since his father passed when he was younger. I look forward to the day we can share his first deer. Congrats to you and your son!:yesway:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    J.T., listening to you on the video makes me just as proud of him! That was one great shot.

Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Great deer and a great shot young man.

The experience, the photos and the video are priceless.

Now that's how a dad does things. Hats off to both of you.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I still remember my first deer and i knew my dad was proud of me, but at the time I never really knew how much. That is awesome!! well done JM!!

Top Bottom