• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i was shooting today getting a drop chart out to 600 yds for a upcomming pronghorn hunt. i took a few shots at 550 (enough to empty my mag) and was waiting on my barrel to cool. i looked over my sholder and 2 coyotes came out at 280yds. i spun my turrent down to my 225 yd zero (guess) put one round in the mag and shot. the coyote dropped and the other ran off. i shot a little low but there wasn't exactly time to range the coyote until it was dead. you are looking at the entrance side and the hole is dead on windage and right in the white hair. the exit almost took off this front left leg

so its the first blood for my new rifle (i assumed first blood would be pronghorn)

003-2.jpg

004-1.jpg

and the first coyote of the year

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    coyote season does not open until Oct. 15

INDIANA HUNTING SEASONS FOR FURBEARERS
    coyote, striped skunk Oct 15, 2010 - Mar 15, 2011
    raccoon, oppossum Nov 8, 2010 - Jan 31, 2011
    red and gray fox Oct 15, 2010 - Jan 31, 2011

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    it depends on if coyotes are damaging your livestock and coyotes are defintally damaging our livestock

This is correct: Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by snaring, trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

From the DNR Website

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    quote from the idnr website

Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by snaring, trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

although my father is the legal land owner im fairly certain he would right me permision, especially since the only reason he didn't shoot it was i got to my rifle faster:draw:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    This is correct: Landowners, or a person with written permission from a landowner, may take coyotes year-round on private property by snaring, trapping or shooting without a permit from the DNR. A landowner does not need a permit to take coyotes on his/her property by one of these methods, but a hunting or trapping license is required to hunt or trap coyotes on land other than your own.

quicker on the rifle than my father
    but not on the quote by bradsknives:(

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    it depends on if coyotes are damaging your livestock and coyotes are defintally damaging our livestock

Doesn't matter if they are or not on your own land or on land the owner gave you permission to kill them on.

Kill 'em all.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom