Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    AR-15 / M-16 / M-4 ARMORING COURSE
    "Open Enrollment"

When: April 15-16, 2010

Hosted by the Morristown, Indiana Police Dept (About 40 minutes from Indianapolis)

Cost: $350 (Register Through Our Website)

SLR15 Grail in the SPEER GOLD DOT RIFLE AMMO AD

slr15speerada.jpg

slr15grailoct2007SWAT.jpg
    marchcoverb.jpg

SLR15 Rifles has been featured in SWAT Magazine, Guns & Ammo Magazine Tactical Guns & Gear Annual, Shooting Times, Gun Digest, Guns & Weapons For Law Enforcement Magazine, and Precision Rifle Magazine. Our Armoring Course has been taught for a decade all over the country, and was reviewed in SWAT Magazine. This course covers all variants of the AR-15/M16/M-4 weapons system with 2-days of hands on training which goes far beyond basic disassembly & reassembly.

Here is a brief overview of what is covered and I can tell you it is a very busy hands on full 2-days of Armoring:

History of the Weapon
    Cycles of Function
    General Disassembly & Assembly
    Identification of Common Problems and Parts
    Nomenclature
    Identification of Group Components
    Semi, Burst, and Full Auto Parts and Conversions
    Complete Armoring Disassembly / Assembly
    Barrel Replacement
    Cleaning and Maintenance
    Sight and Distance Considerations
    Ballistic Issues
    Barrel Twist, Length, and Choices
    Gas System
    Parts Interchangability, including Brands
    Headspace
    Firing Pin Protrusion
    Trigger Jobs
    Chamber Inspection and Polishing
    Accessories and Customizing
    Tool Options and Selection
    Iron Sights (A1/A2/A3) Disassembly/Reassembly
    Optics
    SOP/MOD Accessories and Additions
    Etc

All tools, manuals, and anything else that is necessary is supplied. We will provide rifles with prior arrangements so we know how many to bring. We prefer that students bring their own weapon systems to get familiar with their own configuration and modifications, plus this allows the time for a good thorough cleaning and inspection, plus we can replace and repair any parts necessary. This is a very intensive course that we cover in 2-days, so be prepared to get a lot of hands on knowledge.

If anyone would like this course in their area, please contact us to make arrangements about getting it coordinated, all we need is a suitable classroom for a course and we will be there, the host gets a minimum of 2 complimentary spots.

CY6
    Greg Sullivan "Sully"

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    This is the course I received my certification through. Excellent course and a wealth of information.

If you have any question feel free to contact me.

Last edited:

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    This is the course I received my certification through this course. Excellent course and a wealth of information.

If you have any question feel free to contact me.

Does everyone who completes this course receive certification or is certification available...?

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Does everyone who completes this course receive certification or is certification available...?

There is not a written test, Sully uses practicals as test. He explains, demonstrates, then ask you to preform the task.

Attendance is low so far, so please pass the word around so they can fill the class. They would hate to loose this opportunity.

Last edited:

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    when did morisstown get a police department? i thought they just had a town marshal. do they even have a stop light?

class price seems very high to me

Moristown has really grown over the past few years, like New Pal they are benefiting from"urban flight" and I think they have 2 stop lights now:D

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    those names have earned the right to be high priced. more credibility.

show me the facts on how $350 and up breaks down and is justified for an armoring coarse?
    im just asking because i dont see ANY of these coarses being worth $300 or more. i think its highway robbery by all of the companies.

we wonder why everyone who carries a gun doesnt get the proper training, and this is an example of why. because some people need to feed themselves and their families before they can shell out BIG BUCKS for a coarse.
    we critizise land owners that offer big game hunts on how they cater to only the rich, and we talk about how politicians cater to only the rich, well shooting and gun ownership is no different. its like health care in america, they know you HAVE to have that oxygen tank and wheelchair so BUDDY BEND OVER and get ready to get ripped off. its all a monopoly!!
    Theres GREAT instructors that offer free classes like these. i would GLADLY take one of them and DONATE the guy $300 out of my pocket cause hes not asking for it and because hes trying to do the right thing. theres a difference in making a living and extortion.

go ahead, call me an a hole, mock my lack of spelling correctness, but in the end im right. and the little guys know it!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom