• rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt's marriages

The Marriages of Newt Gingrich

Newt met Jackie when he was in high school when Jackie was his geometry teacher. Newt and Jackie secretly dated until their wedding. Newt was 19 years old and Jackie was 26 years old when they married. Newt's family boycotted the wedding

Dolores Adamson, Gingrich's district administrator from 1978 to 1983: "Jackie put him all the way through school. All the way through the P.h.D ... He didn't work. Personal funds have never meant anything to him. He's worse than a six-year-old trying to keep his bank balance ... Jackie did that."

Peter Boyer: "She [Jackie] says that Gingrich walked out on her in the spring of 1980. That fall, while she was in the hospital recovering from surgery for uterine cancer, he appeared at her bedside with a yellow legal pad outlining the details for their divorce."

Holly Bailey: "Speaking about the breakup of the marriage for the first time, Marianne Gingrich tells Esquire’s John H. Richardson that her former husband lied to the public when he insisted they had an “understanding” about the affair. She says Gingrich tried to convince her to “tolerate” his relationship with Bisek, but she refused."

Marianne: "He believes that what he says in public and how he lives don't have to be connected."
    Source: John H. Richardson. "Newt Gingrich: The Indispensable Republican." Esquire.com. 8/10/2010.

Marianne Gingrich, 48 ... says the ex-speaker of the House told her on Mother's Day 1999 that he wanted a divorce, after learning she had a neurological condition that could lead to MS [multiple sclerosis]."

Callista was 34 and Newt was 57 when they married.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Romney-backer Ann Coulter explores Newt's history with the Tofflers

Newt presents a fresh new virtual face

But Gingrich became a Toffler acolyte when he was an assistant history professor at West Georgia College and attended a Toffler seminar in Chicago. Alvin didn't notice Gingrich at the time, but later remarked: "He kept reminding me of himself in letters." (Note that the maharishi of the information age and his No. 1 groupie kept in touch by writing each other letters.)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt wrote a book condemning "laissez-faire" conservatism (1984)

Progressive David Brooks says Newt loves government more than he does. Fail.

David Brooks Gives Newt Gingrich the Kiss of Death
    The National Greatness Progressive Conservative damns Newt, both intentionally and un:
    ...His 1984 book, "Window of Opportunity," is a broadside against what he calls the "laissez-faire" conservatism — the idea that government should just get out of the way so the market can flourish. As he wrote, "The opportunity society calls not for a laissez-faire society in which the economic world is a neutral jungle of purely random individual behavior, but for forceful government intervention on behalf of growth and opportunity."
    But Brooks isn't backing him, because of unsuitable temperament, and because "Gingrich loves government more than I do." (Ouch!)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    More on Newt's globalist record

Welcome to the Newt World Order
    Obama has been criticized, and rightfully so, for stating that he wants to “fundamentally transform America.” Obama has had to answer questions about his past association with radical individuals. Newt Gingrich has emerged as the Republican frontrunner and is claiming to be the best alternative to Obama for 2012. If you are concerned with Obama’s ideology and the beliefs of those who influenced him, you should know some things about Newt Gingrich.....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt's next book on Climate Change is due out after the election (2013)

New Gingrich book on climate change likely coming after the election

While Gingrich has not run away from "A Contract with the Earth," he has been hedging on some past stances, especially regarding climate change. He recently told Fox News host Bill O’Reilly that he never supported a “cap-and-trade” system for limiting greenhouse has emissions, when in 2007 he said he would back such a scheme if it had tax incentives.

Gingrich also renounced the television ad he did three years ago with former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, in which he called for action on global warming.

New Gingrich Book on Global Warming to Be Released 2013

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Newt would only be more of the same. He is just another example of a politician that has gotten rich on the sweat of the American people. To be honest I think he should be indite-able. Just like the other 90% most of our current political leaders should face criminal charges and face real consequences, by Newts standard most should be executed...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Budget busting fiscal plan

12/12/2011 - His budget plan will add $1.3 Trillion to the U.S. budget deficit in 2015 alone.

Gingrich Tax Plan Would Add $1.3 Trillion to Deficit, Study Says
    “It blows a huge hole in the deficit,” said Roberton Williams, a senior fellow at the center, which released the report yesterday in Washington.

The Congressional Budget Office estimates that the government will collect $3.7 trillion in 2015, meaning that Gingrich’s tax plan would result in a 35 percent cut in federal revenue and a $1.5 trillion deficit, assuming no additional spending cuts or economic growth spurred by the tax cuts.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt is a Hamiltonian "Federalist"

The Hamiltonian Newt

"[T]here’s nothing to restrain a President from doing something dumb, but I trust the people in this room to tell me if that is the case." But then he noted more seriously that, "I’m a Federalist. I look to the Federalist Papers and the Constitution to guide me and restrain government."

-- Newt Gingrich (source)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The Hamiltonian Newt

"[T]here’s nothing to restrain a President from doing something dumb, but I trust the people in this room to tell me if that is the case." But then he noted more seriously that, "I’m a Federalist. I look to the Federalist Papers and the Constitution to guide me and restrain government."

-- Newt Gingrich (source)
    There was only one kind of federalist. Historically, the opposition were called anti-federalists. And they didn't want the Constitution at all. (Though we do have them to thank for the BoR.)

Historical context is being ignored with statements like yours, Ram. Hamilton was never arguing for a command-and-control government. Hamilton merely wanted the centralized government to have a little more teeth than the agrarian-minded Jefferson (who incidentally never stuck to his "States first" mantra either). And by a little more, I mean, a little. Hamilton knew a weak start to the federal component would likely spell the end of the U.S. in any form. And he was probably right.

Hamilton's position only looks unsavory from the benefit of hindsight and 220-some years of corruption and abuse of power. The premise behind slandering Hamilton for his federalist stance is that if he had not been successful in his push for a stronger central government, we wouldn't be where were are today. Like I said above, that's probably true, but not in the reasons people like to imply when they use that comparison.

Kinda funny when you think about it. Hamilton was the original cheerleader for the Constitution. I mean, that's what the Federalist papers were. If you want to bash him, be my guest, but if the Constitution is your standard, then, there's not much to find fault with Hamilton. In comparison, Jefferson wanted a rehashing of the Articles of Confederation. And we know how that turned out.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I beg to differ. Hamilton wanted a permanent president and senate. He argued in favor of the federal government appointing governors. Hamilton believed that the government, led by people such as he of course, knew what was best for the populace, the "general will" of the people.
    You can thank him for "implied powers" and their bastard cousin "resulting powers" as well as the liberal use of "necessary and proper".
    Did he not say that any act of government is permitted unless it is strictly forbidden by the Constitution? Not to mention his mercantilism. His lovely brand of government continued on through Clay and Lincoln, most notably. Yes. let's lavish praise on Alex and his economics of high tariffs, public debt and a national bank.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    There was only one kind of federalist. Historically, the opposition were called anti-federalists. And they didn't want the Constitution at all. (Though we do have them to thank for the BoR.)

Historical context is being ignored with statements like yours, Ram. Hamilton was never arguing for a command-and-control government. Hamilton merely wanted the centralized government to have a little more teeth than the agrarian-minded Jefferson (who incidentally never stuck to his "States first" mantra either). And by a little more, I mean, a little. Hamilton knew a weak start to the federal component would likely spell the end of the U.S. in any form. And he was probably right.

Hamilton's position only looks unsavory from the benefit of hindsight and 220-some years of corruption and abuse of power. The premise behind slandering Hamilton for his federalist stance is that if he had not been successful in his push for a stronger central government, we wouldn't be where were are today. Like I said above, that's probably true, but not in the reasons people like to imply when they use that comparison.

Kinda funny when you think about it. Hamilton was the original cheerleader for the Constitution. I mean, that's what the Federalist papers were. If you want to bash him, be my guest, but if the Constitution is your standard, then, there's not much to find fault with Hamilton. In comparison, Jefferson wanted a rehashing of the Articles of Confederation. And we know how that turned out.
    Its simply a little food for thought on who inspires Newt Gingrich, a history professor who surely knows about the things that Jsgolfman mentioned. He picks curious people to sing praises of, and relate himself to. I didn't bash or slander Hamilton, but I certainly don't agree with him on some big issues.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Glenn Back on Newt Gingrich

Glenn Beck, who is a pretty strong critic of Ron Paul, says that he would choose Paul over "progressive" Newt Gingrich. He warns that if we allow a progressive to oversee the coming depression, we will emerge under fascism.

He also says that if Newt is the nominee, people would be flocking to a 3rd Party, ensuring the reelection of Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNlNFtC0slQ

More on Gingrich.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8goFcNda8rg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Republicans against Gingrich

More of Newt's former Republican colleagues speaking out against his awful leadership.

Despite Rise, Gingrich Hated By Many Republicans
    Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), who served in the House with Gingrich, has perhaps been the most vocal of the anti-Gingrich Republicans. Over the span of two Sundays, Coburn has appeared on weekend news shows and unequivocally stated that Gingrich doesn't have what it takes in temperament or talent to be president.

"There's all types of leaders," Coburn said on "Fox News Sunday" last week. "Leaders that instill confidence. Leaders that are somewhat abrupt and brisk. Leaders that have one standard for the people that they’re leading and a different standard for themselves. I just found his leadership lacking, and I’m not going to go into greater detail than that."
    "Newt Gingrich was a disaster as speaker,"Rep. Peter King told McClatchy Newspapers. "Everything was self-centered. There was a lack of intellectual discipline."

Republican old guard takes aim at Gingrich
    Former Senator Alan Simpson recalls with great clarity the day, as he describes it, that Newt Gingrich “lied to the president of the United States’’ in budget negotiations with George H.W. Bush.

Simpson ... remembers Gingrich as a disruptive and destructive force, one who caused self-inflicted damage to the party and helped set up President Bill Clinton’s 1996 reelection and other Democratic victories.
    ...are hoping to remind voters of Gingrich’s record. If it were a movie, it might be called “The Establishment Strikes Back.’’

John H. Sununu, the former New Hampshire governor, and Jim Talent, the former senator from Missouri, who blasted Gingrich’s bombastic ways and said he would be a lightning rod for controversy.

“If the nominee is Newt Gingrich, then the election is going to be about the Republican nominee, which is exactly what the Democrats want,’’ Talent said. “If they can make it about the Republican nominee, then the president is going to win.’’
    Simpson has been one of the most visible party members in urging more cooperation between the parties. “If Newt had done what he said he would do. . .the country would not be in the mess it is right now,’’ Simpson said.
    Former US representative Mickey Edwards of Oklahoma, who worked in the party leadership with Gingrich before leaving Congress in 1993, charged in an interview that Gingrich changed the “structure of our congressional system’’ from representing constituents to “demanding uniformity.’’

“This is a man only interested in his own grandiosity,’’ said Edwards, who has not endorsed any candidate.

Top Bottom