Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Bailout of the Mexican Peso, 1994-95

Gingrich supported this bailout too.

Mexico / What NAFTA Has Brought to Mexicans
    On December 20, 1994 , less than a year after NAFTA took effect, the Mexican peso, which had been trading in a narrow range around 3.11 to the dollar for months, began plunging, losing over 30% of its value against the dollar in the following week. The Finance Ministry at first announced that it had decided to allow the peso to "trade in an expanded 15% range", then announced that it would let the peso "float", then finally admitted that Mexico's reserves of hard currency had been depleted to a level that it could no longer support the peso. On December 26, President Zedillo, who was scheduled to deliver a major economic address, spoke for only 15 minutes in generalities about the need to "control this grave threat". On December 28, the U.S. disclosed that it was discussing a bailout plan that involved new forms of debt in order to keep investor money in Mexico. A few days later the Mexican government announced the replacement of Jaime Serra Puce with Guillermo Ortiz as Finance Minister.
    The bailout package, which was signed on February 21, 1995 after approval by Clinton and letters signed by Dole, Gingrich, Daschle, and Gephardt, provided a $52 Billion credit to Mexico which consisted of $17.8 Billion from the International Monetary Fund, $20 Billion from the U.S. Treasury exchange stabilization fund, $10 Billion from the Bank of International Settlements and the remainder from various U.S. banks.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Here's his baby picture

comnewt.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gingrich Promises War on Syria

As part of Newt Gingrich's WWIII initiative strategy, he announced this morning that he wants to kill the President of Syria.

Gingrich says he would "replace" Assad
    Taking a hard line on a U.S. foe in the Middle East, Republican presidential front-runner Newt Gingrich indicated Wednesday that he would unilaterally "replace" Syrian President Bashar al-Assad because he is running a "bad dictatorship."
    Gingrich_AP111130023356_244x183.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gingrich wants a pre-emptive strike on North Korea (2009)

In 2009 he said he'd execute preemptive strikes against North Korea, militarily if necessary.

Gingrich: Obama Has Pulled a 'Bait and Switch'

GINGRICH: I would use whatever methods were necessary for the missile never to be launched. And I think you could do it probably with unconventional methods. VAN SUSTEREN: So that's military. Are you saying military?
    GINGRICH: If necessary. If I can't find a way to bribe somebody to blow it up, I'd find a way to have either a small team go in, or a way to deliver either a laser or another kind of device.
    This is a missile that is sitting there on that launch pad, and I think you could take it out with very, very minimal risk to anybody.
    But I think the idea of allowing the North Koreans to launch missiles is an enormously dangerous threat in the long run. And it will never be true, until the morning it is, and then it will be just like 9/11, and people will say "Gosh, why didn't we think of this?"

1_21_450_040109_greta_newt.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gingrich wants to expand Foreign Service Officer (FSO) program by 40%

This will help him "globalize" the country faster.

Rogue State Department | Newt Gingrich

Foreign Policy magazine, July/August 2003

At the same time, a new Foreign Service officer (FSO) education program must dramatically expand the requirements for learning new doctrines and new capabilities. The Foreign Service of the future must have a clear vision of understanding the world and of how to best report back to the United States, while effectively and aggressively representing American values to the world. An appropriate training program would highlight the strategies the U.S. government is following both to make the United States safer and to increase security, health, prosperity, and freedom worldwide. This emphasis would help FSOs strengthen U.S. ties with populations around the globe.

Such an effort will require a Foreign Service that is at least 40 percent larger so that its personnel can take on career-enriching assignments outside of their traditional duties. It also requires the development of continuing education so FSOs can absorb new lessons about diplomacy and communication, learn new strategies and new skills, and continue to develop throughout their careers.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt excited about "geoengineering" the earth to fight global warming

Newt wants to do all sorts of strange tax-funded experiments over our heads in order to try and fight the earth from changing temperatures.

One of these ideas includes the ongoing effort to disperse aluminum particles over our heads, supposedly to block sunlight. He wants to save us from the sun... Nevermind the health effects of making people breathe these particles.

Geo-engineering: green versus greed in the race to cool the planet
    "Geo-engineering holds forth the promise of addressing global warming concerns for just a few billion dollars a year," said Newt Gingrich, former speaker of the US House of Representatives, in 2008. "We would have an option to address global warming by rewarding scientific innovation. Bring on American ingenuity. Stop the green pig."
    Geoengineering-001.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt's Campaign promise breaks federal election law:

He's promising positions away prior to the election. A no-no under Federal law.

Gingrich Promise Breaks the Law
    Newt Gingrich promised he would ask former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton "to be his secretary of state if he's elected president next year," the Washington Times reports.

Unfortunately, naming individuals you would appoint to office before the election is apparently illegal. Here's Title 18, Part I, Chapter 29, Section 599 of the U.S. Code:

"Whoever, being a candidate, directly or indirectly promises or pledges the appointment, or the use of his influence or support for the appointment of any person to any public or private position or employment, for the purpose of procuring support in his candidacy shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; and if the violation was willful, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gingrich wanted "Homeland Security" agency led by FEMA in March 2001

He admits this 5 days after the 9/11 attacks.
    Sept. 16, 2001

He wanted big Federal agencies providing Security Theater since before 9/11 ever happened. All he needed was an event to justify the Police State agenda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VPI4wD63Bc

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Healthcare mandates; Micro-manage grocery stores; Mandatory exercise (2007)

Video from 2007.

Newt is talking about "The Four-Box model" for achieving 100% insurance coverage for the whole country.

Quotes:
    "Reshape the right grocery stores in poor neighborhoods."

"I would require everybody to have health insurance OR to post a bond. If you absolutely don't want to be in the health insurance system, fine, then post a bond."

"I prefer K-12, five day a week physical education for young people. Because we have kids who are 12 years old and are going to become diabetic. They eat too much and they don't ever exercise."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jLT-gEpxYE

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gingrich praises 'Stimulus' for Federal databases of your private health records

February 2009

Newt is really glad that the Feds will be able to know all about your private medical history now. He went out of his way to make a YouTube video praising Obama on Federal medical databases for every American. :n00b:

"There are a lot of things to complain about in the Stimulus package...

...but there are 2 good things in the Stimulus Package from the standpoint of health. The first is a very serious investment in health information technology, which takes us a significant step down the road towards really having electronic health records for every American. And I applaud President Obama for developing and insisting on that approach.

And second, a substantial amount of money for Medicaid..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJaImGbEclI

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Judge Napolitano rips Newt for his support of Federal insurance mandates

A real patriot exposes Newt & his statist beliefs about the power of the Federal Government.

"This is why we have primary elections. They flush out the views of those who would be president. They also remind us that we can lose our freedoms in a heartbeat. -- Judge Andrew Napolitano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkIcFNAn-HY

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Newt advocates individual mandates while debating Hillary Clinton (2005)

"Unless you have 100% coverage, you CAN'T have the right preventive care, and you CAN'T have a rational system." -- Newt Gingrich

"If I see somebody who is earning over $50,000 a year, who has made the calculated decision not to buy health insurance, I'm looking at somebody who is absolutely as irresponsible as anybody who has ever been on welfare. Because what they said is, (A) I'm gambling that won't get sick, and (B) I'm gambling that if I do get sick, I can cheat all my neighbors." -- Newt Gingrich

"So I'm actually in favor of finding a way to say, if you're above whatever the appropriate level of income is, you ought to either have health insurance, or you ought to post a bond." -- Newt Gingrich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcSjLvWLcxE

Top Bottom