Review: N-Strike Recon CS-6 (with pics and Range Report!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Last March, my son was fortunate enough to be “gifted” a new carbine for his birthday. Knowing how I am with a new gun, he wanted to make sure we gave it a thorough evaluation.

We would’ve posted it sooner, but there was some delay with our SBR and suppressor forms being processed by N.E.R.F., the National Evil Rifle Federation. After those cleared, however, we headed straight to the range.

But, before we get to the range report, let’s look at some specs on this rifle.

The N-Strike Recon CS-6 (HASBRO - NERF N-STRIKE RECON CS-6 ) is a gas-operated, direct blowforward system. It is currently the only single-shot modular tactical carbine on the market. It fires mission-specific darts at approximately 305cm/s, with a range of 457cm.

It came in a discreet grey Pelican case.
    5y68ia.jpg

Inside, you’ll notice that this is a modular system, comprised of 3 main components—pistol receiver, suppressor, and stock. It also came with 1 magazine, a rail-mounted laser, and BUPS (back-up polymer sight).
    oho9d0.jpg

Here is the pistol receiver. This can be used as a stand-alone unit. Good for when the mission calls for deep concealment. The grip angle mimics the 1911, as does the 3-hole trigger. The barrel has a twist-mount monolock suppressor attachment point. You’ll note the engraving on the side of the receiver required by the N.E.R.F.
    2cntx5h.jpg

Here is the detachable stock. It’s a lightweight unit that also features a sling mount at the rear. This configuration is great for protective details that require being in and out of vehicles, or maneuvering in tight spaces.
    2cnk0lh.jpg

Attached with a simple twist, the suppressor also includes a front BUPS. There are two rail sections on the top and bottom of the suppressor. The sound signature is only 2db with this setup (assuming you aren’t running Whistling ammo). This configuration works best in outdoor urban settings, where stealth is essential.
    2pt4bj9.jpg

The CS-6 runs a 6-rounds detachable box magazine. Unfortunately, they won’t fit in your standard AR/AK mag pouches, so you’ll have to spring for proprietary web gear.
    vnje9w.jpg

If concealment AND silence is your goal, then this configuration can also be quickly arranged.
    2yl33t5.jpg

Here is a close-up of the BUPS system.
    554jkz.jpg

28ssrjk.jpg

scx8gz.jpg

This particular model also came with a laser sight, which attaches nicely to the bottom rail section of the suppressor. This is an excellent sight for night ops in the jungle. Fully equipped, you’ve got one impressive battle rifle.
    x3hkep.jpg

Another great feature of the CS-6 is its versatility. There is strong aftermarket support for this system. Whatever your mission, you can tailor this weapon to your exact specifications.

Some common aftermarket accessories include:

E2044D4119B9F369D97B8952541508C4.jpg

A188D50519B9F369D9E94C7796569D8F.jpg

686534217a2_Main400.jpg

Ammunition is vital to any weapon system, and the CS-6 has the most advanced mission-specific ammo on the planet.

Factory practice ammo - ~$.30/round.

HASBRO - NERF STREAMLINE DARTS Pack (30 Darts)

Suction-tipped ammo (great for “painting your target” for air strike support!) - ~$.25/round.

HASBRO - NERF N-STRIKE Suction Darts 36-Pack

Whistle-tipped ammo (very effective when used to disrupt the enemy’s OODA loop) - ~$.25/round.

HASBRO - NERF N-STRIKE Whistler Darts (36-Pack)

Glow-in-the-dark rounds (load 3 in every magazine to visually verify point-of-impact when shooting rapid fire during night ops) ~$.37/round.

HASBRO - NERF Glow in the Dark Darts Refill 12-Pack

************** Range Report **************​
    Yesterday, lovemywoods and I had a chance to get out to the range. We had great weather (70+), and it was just overcast enough to get some good photos.

First, the obligatory glamour shot. Personally, I don’t care for the color selection—there are too many unnaturally straight lines, and it appears to be reverse-camo.
    23jl4ie.jpg

Here I am running a few snap drills.

2lsfalx.jpg

11ttmok.jpg

The short LOP stock is a good length, but the cheek-weld leaves something to be desired. Controls are easily accessible, and ambidextrous. This is certainly a “Your Brain Is The Safety” rifle, as there is no manual safety present. Recoil was extremely mild, to the point of almost being nonexistent. The trigger was a bit ‘mushy’ for my tastes, with lots of creep and no defined break. The rear BUPS fell off during rappelling drills. Mags drop free, and reloads are quick and easy.

1zvvqdc.jpg

After the final evaluation, I gathered my thoughts about the CS-6 and reported my findings to my son.

His conclusion?

2aj7r87.jpg

Last edited:

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    You have got WAY TOO MUCH time on your hands...... Is everybody on INGO behaving that well??:evilangel:

Is this cutting into your MOD time??:ingo:

You know your son is thinking"I wish this dork would give me back my toy he has his own to play with, GOD I hope my friends don't see this, I hope none of them are on INGO.":facepalm:

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    AWESOME, LMAO and will rep when able.

1) Has the boy gotten to shoot the thing yet?

2) You do realize I've already saved off your "snap drill" pics for future blackmailing purposes, right? :D

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    43 views and only 4 replies-- I hope people are picking up on my tongue-in-cheek'ness. :D

Has the boy gotten to shoot the thing yet?

Oh yeah. In fact, he's already fashioned a single-point sling out of his Nana's bathrobe belt.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I

Here is the pistol receiver. This can be used as a stand-alone unit. Good for when the mission calls for deep concealment. The grip angle mimics the 1911, as does the 3-hole trigger. The barrel has a twist-mount monolock suppressor attachment point. You’ll note the engraving on the side of the receiver required by the N.E.R.F.

Here is the detachable stock. It’s a lightweight unit that also features a sling mount at the rear. This configuration is great for protective details that require being in and out of vehicles, or maneuvering in tight spaces.
    2cnk0lh.jpg

GOT YOU! Do you have your tax stamp for that??????

You have just constructed and illegal SBR when you attached the stock.

The ATF will be along to deal with you shortly. :n00b:

:laugh:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    GOT YOU! Do you have your tax stamp for that??????

We would’ve posted it sooner, but there was some delay with our SBR and suppressor forms being processed by N.E.R.F., the National Evil Rifle Federation. After those cleared, however, we headed straight to the range.

As stated above, all the necessary paperwork is on file with the N.E.R.F. No worries. :D

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I'd say this might possiblely be one of the best reviews yet on INGO. Thanks for posting!

I might have to file a similar report on my 2 year old daughter's double bbl N.E.R.F shot gun. It is capable of firing similar mission specific ammunition which is interchangeable with the CS-6. It also features a similar "reverse camo" color scheme.

Effective range is is comparable, but with a bit more recoil. Reload times are a bit slower, as there is a special chamber adapter to allow the smaller caliber rounds to fire from a larger shot-gun chamber.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    i like the detailed range report!! in depth and i now know everything there is to know about CS-6, so now thinking about a nice home defense weapon.... wondering if it would intimidate....

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Great thread!

As I recall from the range session, the suppressor was amazingly efficient. At times, we almost didn't need hearing protection....:D

Top Bottom