• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I will never step foot in that worthless shop again. Nothing like a gun store that descriminates.... Completely rediculous.. Drove all the way out there to look at a gun and maybe purchase.... Handle it work out the details on it. Agree to pay a higher price than what I expected for a gun missing parts..... It was missing the second mag and the TSS key (which is an important part)

Fill out the paper work and Im a no go... WTF they dont accept state ID's? Wow nothing like being descriminated against based on a State Issued Federally recognized ID... So I wasted gas, time and energy to go to a worthless gun store.....

So what Bradis is saying is that people that dont drive or cant drive arent good enough to buy a firearm....

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Are you saying that the store didn't accept your State ID? Or that they ran a NICS check, and you failed that?

If it was the former, was it a BMV-issued State ID that looks like a driver's license?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm curious as to the main issue.

Drove all the way out there to look at a gun and maybe purchase....

If you didn't have a license, did someone else drive you?

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    No it was my BMV Issued State ID... I didnt fail a NICS check..... They wouldnt accept my state BMV Issued ID. What a great way to spend trying to buy my 1st handgun.....

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No it was my BMV Issued State ID... I didnt fail a NICS check..... They wouldnt accept my state BMV Issued ID. What a great way to spend trying to buy my 1st handgun.....

Well that does sound odd.

The good news is that most of the Bradis employees (and the shop itself) have a presence here on INGO, so perhaps they can help explain the policy (if that is indeed their policy).

So what were you gonna buy for your first handgun?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You say you filled out all the paperwork. Did they then refuse you or did they call it in and the phone people turn you down?

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I paid a friend to drive me out there. I dont like driving..

I was looking at a 24/7 Pro OSS, then a SW99... Price was pretty good for the OSS.. it was only missing a mag and the TSS key. And I was willing to over look both... It was what I wanted and I was happy with the price and service up until that happened. The employee was a younger guy with a great personality.....

It was never called it... I got down to the questions about being a fugitive, doing drugs and all that what not...... then he looks at my Permit and my ID and says we dont take state ID...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Was your ID expired? Some places are funny about that. (even though I think its silly, because its not like you stopped being YOU when it expired)

Tazman62

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Nope I checked that too.. Its still current. I have never heard of a more preposterous policy than that. They dont take State ID's because they are easy to get? Im not even sure what that means...... you have to prove residency to get the state ID card just like a drivers license. Not to mention I had to prove residency to get my handgun permit.

I just found them on the BBB website a well.... I am not happy

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    they dont take IDs and haven't for some time. they have signs all over the places saying this.

and OP, did you drive?

I paid a friend to drive me out there. I dont like driving..

I was looking at a 24/7 Pro OSS, then a SW99... Price was pretty good for the OSS.. it was only missing a mag and the TSS key. And I was willing to over look both... It was what I wanted and I was happy with the price and service up until that happened. The employee was a younger guy with a great personality.....

It was never called it... I got down to the questions about being a fugitive, doing drugs and all that what not...... then he looks at my Permit and my ID and says we dont take state ID...

HTH

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    they dont take IDs and haven't for some time. they have signs all over the places saying this.

If this is indeed the case, I would be curious to hear the reasoning behind the policy, as I'm sure they're not doing it simply because they don't like non-drivers.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Why don't they take a valid state issued ID? He had a LTCH with the same info on it. Those aren't easy to get. Is there something missing here....

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom