• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Well Since the Marion County Fairgrounds is against our 2nd Amendment rights by saying no weapons even for licensed gun owners,
    do they search your bags or person to enter the Marion County Fair? anyone been yet?

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Well Since the Marion County Fairgrounds is against our 2nd Amendment rights by saying no weapons even for licensed gun owners,
    do they search your bags or person to enter the Marion County Fair? anyone been yet?
    I went and they didn't search me. That was on Sunday.

It was just two ladies at the booth taking money. You pretty much just pay and walk right in.

EDIT: BUMMER! I was planning a special post for my 1,000th and I forgot and posted this!!!!!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Again, just want to point out that the issue may be the ability to purchase liability insurance.

I know of some pro gun businesses here in Colorado that ban guns at work because their liability insurance requires it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Concealed means concealed.

Not sure how they can ticket you, only the State Fair is mentioned in Indiana gun laws, that I am aware of...

swelch76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    They may have the right to say that but it doesn't make it right.....to many lawyers and insurance companies involved with everything...carry but keep it well concealed unless needed ....hate the old sayings but better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It isn't very hard not to go to the Marion Co. Fair. It is a joke any more.

The wife used to have a booth there and quit because of that.

Rockhound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Go where you need to go, armed as you see fit, knowing potential consequences.

Conceal deep and zip lip.

Remember that your biggest defensive asset is between your ears.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Again, just want to point out that the issue may be the ability to purchase liability insurance.

I know of some pro gun businesses here in Colorado that ban guns at work because their liability insurance requires it.

Really? Ask them to show you. I see you post that same idiotic line everywhere.

There are hundreds of different insurance companies. I've never seen a single one require that (except at a gun show) in IN, FL, PA, AZ, GA, TN or KY. Is it possible in CA thats the case? Who knows. I seriously doubt it's the case in CO and I KNOW it's not here in Indiana.

Stop propagating lies.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    had a great and safe time. there were a TON of Sheriff deputies patroling. it was'nt packed either. i went for my wife and daughter. i could care less about the fair myself. did'nt see any bangers either. i did see and hear some guy yell "white power" as a group of black guys walked by. the guy worked for the ride company, and i just told him to grow the f*** up. he had no response.
    overall a great time. even took a helicopter ride for the heck of it.

edit: oh, i did stop by the democrat booth to get my daughter a free balloon. while i was there i asked if anyone could tell me what type of government we had in America. only one man knew the answer, and EVERYONE there was over the age of 50 im sure. VERY SAD!!!! the man who knew was at least late 60's. I tried to meander over to the republicans booth and ask the ssame thing to be fair but they packed up early. must have been a golf outing early the next morning??? lol

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Really? Ask them to show you. I see you post that same idiotic line everywhere.

There are hundreds of different insurance companies. I've never seen a single one require that (except at a gun show) in IN, FL, PA, AZ, GA, TN or KY. Is it possible in CA thats the case? Who knows. I seriously doubt it's the case in CO and I KNOW it's not here in Indiana.

Stop propagating lies.

Nope, I'm going to keep on telling my idiotic lies over and over and over again. It's my hobby to make stuff up and post it here, and you can't stop me.

I wonder where I come up with this stuff...oh yeah, it must have been when I purchased liability insurance for a company I worked for.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Seems to me the best course of action is to find a better place to go. I have been to a couple fairs around Indiana—Allen and Kosciosko (sp?) counties. Did not see anything worth the ridiculous admission fee and was not interested in the kiddie rides. Also, I cant eat the junk food for health reasons. I now tell my wife to call her sister and go have a good time looking at the sewing samples, the kids crafts, the "learn to cook" cakes and pies, and the pigs—which were really huge. I go to the firing range for some quality time with my Glock 26, Taurus 709 Slim, and Ruger 10/22. I am happy; the wife is happy; life is good.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    had a great and safe time. there were a TON of Sheriff deputies patroling. it was'nt packed either. i went for my wife and daughter. i could care less about the fair myself. did'nt see any bangers either. i did see and hear some guy yell "white power" as a group of black guys walked by. the guy worked for the ride company, and i just told him to grow the f*** up. he had no response.
    overall a great time. even took a helicopter ride for the heck of it.

edit: oh, i did stop by the democrat booth to get my daughter a free balloon. while i was there i asked if anyone could tell me what type of government we had in America. only one man knew the answer, and EVERYONE there was over the age of 50 im sure. VERY SAD!!!! the man who knew was at least late 60's. I tried to meander over to the republicans booth and ask the ssame thing to be fair but they packed up early. must have been a golf outing early the next morning??? lol

So no pat downs or wanding?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    No pat downs or wands, the signs are there to give them a reason to eject thugs.

I spoke briefly with one of the MCSD there about it and they don't care about law abiding LTCH people, they care about people causing trouble.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No pat downs or wands, the signs are there to give them a reason to eject thugs.

I spoke briefly with one of the MCSD there about it and they don't care about law abiding LTCH people, they care about people causing trouble.

It would seem that the proper course of action would be to post a sign saying "No unlawfully carried firearms permitted." then.

Posted as it sounds like it is, it's begging for someone to use it against one of us.

Dross, from which insurance companies were you told this, and were you in IN or CO at the time?

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom