Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR

--FINANCIAL UPDATE--
    Pre-Event Pot: $60.00
    Expenses: ($0.00)
    Donations: $51.00 PMR, Glueman, unshelledpilot and their guest gave donations. did I miss anyone)
    Post-Event Pot: $111

No donations to the range occurred this month. :(

--FOOD UPDATE--
    Thank you to all the brought food.
    The pop and chips helped a lot.
    Looks like we will end the season (2 more events) just about right in terms of food.
    We do have 4 brand new mustard bottles :facepalm:
    We are finally down to the last 50 paper plates. I think we have finally went thru all the styrafoam ones but need to look at the 2nd storage bin I have.

"Jen" (1775 usmarine's lover) did leave us a whole lot of 'slim jim turkey sticks so gunbunnies you have protein for next time.

---THE RANGE---
    We had a lot of new faces this time with 1st time shooters as well.
    Gluemanz28 got a Jedi hug BTW. :)

PMR and Mrs. PMR finally attended their first event. :woot:

unshelledpilot brought 3 1st timers with him as well. And I kid you not he must be 'related to Wild Duece' in the way he handles his weapons and kept an eye on the range for us. Young the "Da Snob" but I wonder if he was sent by him. ;)

Also sparky came back from the dead and decided that after 3 years to come to an event as well. He too brought 3 people with him also first time shooters!

--MY DAY--
    Got to shoot quite a few different guns that Gluemanz28 brought. A wild AK pistol with a forearm extension that was surprisingly accurate for it being such an odd configuration. Also a Henry Repeating rifle in .38 special that felt like you were shooting a pellet gun.

In terms of my Project Appleseed targets I'm :scratch: and :wwub: with the results.
    Test 1 - 212 (Expert) Lv3 using
    censored.gif
    with 1 mag

Test 2 - 212 (Expert) Lv3 using
    censored.gif
    with 2 mag

Test 3 - 228 (Expert) Lv2 using 10/22
    Test 4 - 192 (Sharpshooter) Lv2 using 10/22
    Test 5 - 212 (Expert) Lv3 using
    censored.gif
    with 1 mag
    Test 6 - 210 (Expert) Lv3 using
    censored.gif
    with 2 mag
    Test 7 - 210 (Expert) Lv3 using
    censored.gif
    with 1 mag

Test 8 - 208 (Sharpshooter) Lv2 using 10/22
    Test 9 - 190 (Sharpshooter) Lv2 using 10/22

I'm not sure what to think of these results yet.
    It is the
    censored.gif
    or actually me? :dunno:

--FINAL COMMENTS--
    A much smaller crowd than in prior years and a lot of the 'old timers' were missing.
    Looks like sadclown (who showed up late) scared them all away. :rofl:
    See you all next month.
    Hope everyone enjoyed it and see you next month.

Last edited:

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Thanks Jedi!

I had a great time, as well as my guests. All in all, we shot about 1200 rounds total. Thanks to glueman and sadclown (I apologize if I got your names wrong) for letting us shoot the ak pistol and scar 16. I felt like a kid in a candy store. We moved over to the 200 and got to reach out. I'm looking forward to next month. I feel bad about ripping that plywood in half with the 12ga. I will definitely be donating to the fund next month. Thanks to everyone who came out, you all were great!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Wife and BIl had fun even brought me back range pick up. Guess it was just the 3 of you till they left. Will be there in Oct for sure.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Gluemanz28's AAR

Arrived about 9:45 without any issues getting there thanks to the map posted by Jedi and Google Earth.

I noticed the Pink cart and was welcomed by Jedi. I received the traditional Jedi Hug, so I have been initiated to the group. Jedi found me a spot to put my gear and introduced me to others there.

The range is very nice and well kept.

I was able to zero my AR, Henry Lever .357 Mag, and Ruger MK III.

Sadclown was nice enough to let me try his .357 wheel guns and his 10/22. They all were very nice.

I started to lose concentration and aiming skills when the smell of the hotdogs started to drift my way. After a couple of perfectly cooked hotdogs in my belly I was back on track.

I had a great time meeting everyone and will be making plans to be at the next one.

Special Thanks to Jedi for setting up, tearing down and cooking. You ROCK :woot:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Arrived about 9:45 without any issues getting there thanks to the map posted by Jedi and Google Earth.

I noticed the Pink cart and was welcomed by Jedi. I received the traditional Jedi Hug, so I have been initiated to the group. Jedi found me a spot to put my gear and introduced me to others there.

The range is very nice and well kept.

I was able to zero my AR, Henry Lever .357 Mag, and Ruger MK III.

Sadclown was nice enough to let me try his .357 wheel guns and his 10/22. They all were very nice.

I started to lose concentration and aiming skills when the smell of the hotdogs started to drift my way. After a couple of perfectly cooked hotdogs in my belly I was back on track.

I had a great time meeting everyone and will be making plans to be at the next one.

Special Thanks to Jedi for setting up, tearing down and cooking. You ROCK :woot:

You know, if you growl right, Jedi won't hug you.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    I also noticed that not many people were keeping their brass. I'm a burgeoning reloader, so maybe next time I can get some brass love from you folks? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Pilot

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That depends on if gubunnies shows up or not.
    He schoops up everything. Lol
    Feel free to try and compete with him.
    I only trends to pick up certain caliber now a days

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Don't forget about Joe, he will stand beside you and catch it while it hot.

I'm not above begging. I burnt every single finger and the back of my left hand scrounging up brass like it was going out of style. I did fillup two of my ammo cans, so I'm a happy camper. More is always better than less, I say.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    unshellepilot there is no 'official' DNR rule on brass picking at the range.
    We have about 40% reloaders in our group who do keep their brass.
    But that brass tends to be captured as it ejects from the weapon.

For example, Joe (GeronimoJoe85) loves revolvers and he brings a lot of them with him and his reloads. Well that brass never hits the floor. :)
    Melensdad brings some odd caliber guns (6.5 grendad and Super 38 ??) and that brass he does ask if we see it to please return to him so he can reload it for us to shoot again.
    Same goes with the .50 BMG, the .30 carbine, and .38 special from the lever rifles. Those are specialty calibers that the reloaders would like back once someone shoots those weapons.
    Others will use a brass catcher for the brass they are interested in getting back.

The vast majority of .223, .45, and 9mm is in the category of free for all.
    We have a lot of members and general public that don't reload and don't want to pick it up and are happy that someone else is doing their 'work' (ie. clenaing up after the fact). :)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That depends on if gubunnies shows up or not.
    He schoops up everything. Lol
    Feel free to try and compete with him.
    I only trends to pick up certain caliber now a days
    Depends on if the wife and I show up at opening we'll usually take 1/2 and leave some for everyone else.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    unshellepilot there is no 'official' DNR rule on brass picking at the range.
    We have about 40% reloaders in our group who do keep their brass.
    But that brass tends to be captured as it ejects from the weapon.

For example, Joe (GeronimoJoe85) loves revolvers and he brings a lot of them with him and his reloads. Well that brass never hits the floor. :)
    Melensdad brings some odd caliber guns (6.5 grendad and Super 38 ??) and that brass he does ask if we see it to please return to him so he can reload it for us to shoot again.
    Same goes with the .50 BMG, the .30 carbine, and .38 special from the lever rifles. Those are specialty calibers that the reloaders would like back once someone shoots those weapons.
    Others will use a brass catcher for the brass they are interested in getting back.

The vast majority of .223, .45, and 9mm is in the category of free for all.
    We have a lot of members and general public that don't reload and don't want to pick it up and are happy that someone else is doing their 'work' (ie. clenaing up after the fact). :)
    I figured as much. I tried to use a brass catcher but that didn't really work for me last time. Usually a sorry and excuse me does the job. We did figure out a system, we just had someone stand off to the side with an ammo can. Bounce off the chest, straight into the can. Easy peasy. I only reload 7.62, 5.56, 9mm and 45, anything else, I'm not interested in.

Top Bottom