• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I shot a friend's CCP yesterday. I was very impressed. I'm a Walther fan from way back. I've carried a PP in .32 or a PPK in .380 most of my adult life.

I also own an all German P99. It is a fine weapon; but, because it lacks a safety, I have never carried it for self defense.

I'm not much of a fan of striker fired, tupperware. That said, I walked away from our little shooting seriously considering buying one of these new little Walthers.

The first thing that really impressed me was how very accurate it shot. On my first go around, at about 10 yards, I put 8 rounds into a tight little 2 inch group. I like the size and weight. I am also not a fan of the concept of a passive safety. I like the fact that the CCP has a positive, thumb safety.

Another thing I noticed about the CCP is that not only was recoil light, it seemed to be directed backward and not up.

Most of the reviews I read the two complaints were the long, grindy trigger pull and the take down. Although, I wasn't around for its first cleaning; I will agree the trigger pull would take some getting used to. In my experience, it didn't seem to detract from the accuracy.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if when a certain gun shop manager gets back from vacation in a couple of weeks, he is going to hear from me.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    At the risk of "Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman"...

I bought a Walther CCP from GunBroker last night(...since my aforementioned favorite LGS IS NOW DEAD TO ME!). I ended up buying the Talo version with the gray frame and black slide. I am most interested to get it out to the range and see if it lives up to my initial impression.

Stay tuned...maybe old dogs can learn new tricks!

Top Bottom