• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I am not saying that a Glock is a bad pistol, because it is not. They are good reliable guns.

However...

Have any of the Glock nuts ever even shot any other pistols? I find it hard to believe that you pick up a new XDM with a great factory trigger and say, ah this is a piece of ****! There is just no way! I have shot Glocks, as well as almost every other brand, and a Glock is not the best by any means. At the same time, I will say the Glock is a good pistol anyway.

:twocents: here is quit being a hater! Just because 90's rappers made a mainstream name for Glock, doesn't mean it is king and all others are trash.

Why so much hate towards all other poly pistols??

To each his own, just remember when flaming me on this post, I SAID GLOCKS ARE GOOD GUNS!

Last edited:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Was there a question buried in there?

Oh, I see it now. Do Glock owners shoot their guns?

Yes.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    There are a lot of manufacturers that have my attention beyond the Glock. I chose Glock mainly for the simplicity and ease of tear down for cleaning. The aftermarket accessories available are impressive too.

I'm more than interested in hearing about other brands.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I'm on my 1st Glock.... Have had several makes and models before this. However when shopping for a compact .40 the G23 fit the best. I went in with an open mind handing everything Bradis offers, made a second trip to confirm, and was surprised when the Glock felt the best. For Plastic guns I was an M&P fan prior to this purchase.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    A person can try different guns but how many can keep buying a lot of different ones? I had a Kimber Ultra Carry II that was a fabulous pistol. However, I never got comfortable carrying cocked and locked. I also figured I might have a problem in a shooting incident with the light trigger causing a discharge accidently.

I had an XD in .40 and liked it. However it was heavier than a Glock and had smaller capacity than the G23. I liked the trigger but once I got used to the Glock I love it. I don't care to shop for another pistol. I've found something I love. I also don't bash other firearms. There is no hate involved.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I'm on my 1st Glock.... Have had several makes and models before this. However when shopping for a compact .40 the G23 fit the best. I went in with an open mind handing everything Bradis offers, made a second trip to confirm, and was surprised when the Glock felt the best. For Plastic guns I was an M&P fan prior to this purchase.
    +1. My 23 is pushing others out of the way. I can even ankle carry it.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I've had the rest, (ALOT OF EM) theres a reason why I have chosen Glock. Simplicity,Consistance,and ease of Operation. The other manufac. have just reinvented the wheel. I want the best,, I carry a Glock

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I was just simply referring to the Glock owners that bash every other gun there is. I personally know a few that say Glock is the best and have never even held another gun! I know what I buy is the best to me, that is why I bought it, but I am not hating on everyone else because they didn't buy the same as me.

Like I said before, Glocks are good guns, but not the only good gun out there.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I've had the rest, (ALOT OF EM) theres a reason why I have chosen Glock. Simplicity,Consistance,and ease of Operation. The other manufac. have just reinvented the wheel. I want the best,, I carry a Glock

I agree, they are a solid gun! I have owned tons of different models of guns, and XDM to me is the best.

I always told my friends you can't say you have the best until you've owned the rest. I have, and I choose XDM. Glocks are great, just not me :laugh:

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I have a G22 that i am very fond of, not because its Glock...but because it is very accurate, very comfy, and well built.

On the other hand, i have a S&W SD9 that is poly, and i have grown to like it almost as much....initially bought for my wife, she says its just a bit big for her hand.

And.....i also like the M&P series poly guns, though i haven't shot any yet.

Bottom line....i will NOT get rid of my Glock, but i will continue to purchase other poly pistols.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ive never understood Glock fanboys... Cough...James Yeager types...Cough... bashing everything else out there either.

Ive personally made the rounds myself, I started with a Glock went to an FN, Then to an M&P, Ive shot XDs and XDMs, but for me as for Polly pistols I keep coming back to Glock.

I just like Glock the best of the polly guns personally. All the others are great guns too, but IMHO if Im gonna have a Polly gun it will be a Glock.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I was just simply referring to the Glock owners that bash every other gun there is.

examples?

I personally know a few that say Glock is the best and have never even held another gun!

If they found Perfection, why do you care?

Like I said before, Glocks are good guns, but not the only good gun out there.

love to see lots of examples.

I'm a Glock guy, and don't own a single one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My sister just picked up an ScR9 Ruger. I hate to admit it but it is a damn fine piece. The grip fits my hand and it groups well for a short barreled gun. I may consider one of these in .40
    I have sold all my plastic and kept the , wait for it, Target guns.

Top Bottom