• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    No legitimate judge would offer and opinion on an issue that he is clearly and openly biased. He needs to be called on the violation of his oath. His judgment is not based on our Constitution, but on shiri law. He is in clear violation. If he wants to stand by his opinion, what about offending people who love this country and understands the Constitution? Are they free to assault people?
    Maybe we can pass the hat and get up enough money to fly him to Mecca, where he would be happy and appreciated.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Wow, radical muslims now have a green light for attacking others for not agreeing that muhammad was a profit (not that they needed one before).

Submit to the religion of peace, infidel, or be beaten in the name of religious freedom.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

Careful about the news report. Let's look at another source:

Cumberlink.com: Cumberland County magisterial district judge berated over case dismissal

I'll quote a few passages:

On Dec. 6, Judge Mark Martin dismissed a harassment case brought against Talaag Elbayomy, 46, of Mechanicsburg.

In his ruling, Martin said that the defendant’s actions did not rise to the level of harassment as defined under the statute.

Then take a look at the relevant section on the physical altercation:

At this point, Perce alleges that Elbayomy tried to choke him, something Mechanicsburg police Sgt. Brian Curtis tried to get Elbayomy to admit to in his testimony.
    When Curtis himself was on the stand earlier in the trial, he admitted to Martin that he had not taken a statement from Elbayomy that night but had questioned him about the incident.
    According to the unverified audio recording, it was Curtis’ testimony that Elbayomy had initially admitted to striking Perce, a charge he denied on the stand under oath in December.

I think this story is getting sensationalized because Islam was involved. We're reacting and screaming "Sharia Law! Sharia Law!" when that is not it. Now, the judge perhaps drew attention to Islam by lecturing the protestor on cultural sensitivity, but his ruling does not seem blatantly partial.

“All that aside, I’ve got two sides (of a) story that are in conflict with each other. I can’t believe that if there was this kind of conflict going on in the middle of the street and somebody didn’t step forward sooner to try and intervene that the police officer on the bicycle didn’t stop and say, ‘Hey, let’s break this up,’” he added, before dismissing the charges against Elbayomy for lack of evidence.

Don't get played by the media trying to rile you up.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I want a t-shirt that says in arabic that muhammed was a child abusing, alcoholic, pork eating goat rapist... and see if I can get one of them to attack me. Might be fun.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Folks, please don't make the staff have to start banning people. This is your in-thread warning.

5) Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.
    All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site.

The subject matter of this thread seems to make it "necessary" to cross that line. It's not. Example: "As in any other case where he couldn't be impartial, the judge should have recused himself."

Thanks for your help in sticking to this long-standing rule.

Blessings,
    Bill

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I want a t-shirt that says in arabic that muhammed was a child abusing, alcoholic, pork eating goat rapist... and see if I can get one of them to attack me. Might be fun.

You would very likely be guilty of provocation, especially with your intent stated here.

IC 35-42-2-3
    Provocation
    Sec. 3. A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally engages in conduct that is likely to provoke a reasonable man to commit battery commits provocation, a Class C infraction.

While the IC does not give proof of provocation as a positive defense on the part of one committing battery, your "defense" of self in such a circumstance might be seen as battery or some other crime under the circumstance.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    You would very likely be guilty of provocation, especially with your intent stated here.

IC 35-42-2-3
    Provocation
    Sec. 3. A person who recklessly, knowingly, or intentionally engages in conduct that is likely to provoke a reasonable man to commit battery commits provocation, a Class C infraction.

While the IC does not give proof of provocation as a positive defense on the part of one committing battery, your "defense" of self in such a circumstance might be seen as battery or some other crime under the circumstance.

Hmmm, seems to me his t-shirt would fall under the 1st amendment. Whether you, I , or anyone else agree with what it says is it not his right to say it and believe that? How does he know that everyone doesn't feel the same way he does about the subject?

Top Bottom