• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You don't go to gun shows to save money on new Glocks or Rugers. You go to see what the market has. To find the treasures buried deep.

I got one at the last show, a pre-lock Smith 649 for $400. I also found a Sig jacket for the paltry some of $40.00, it was even my size.:D

My brother picked up an early '80s M1A and 15 mags for $1,500.00.

This young lady found a potentially 4-5K dollar gun for $350.00=>View From The Porch: Gun show find...

She even told you about other deals that were at the last 1500=>View From The Porch: If you're going to the Indy 1500...

You have to put in work. Too many gun owners think they should be given a gun for walking into a gun show. It must be an offshoot of the "something for nothing" pop culture that the media has bred.

You have to know what you are talking about. Price is nothing but information. If you have no clue about the market other than what you see at GunMart, then you shouldn't be going to gun shows expecting to do any good--you are unarmed.

Study, work, get organized. Funny how the more you put in, the more you get out. It's like a life lesson or something.:D

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I spent 13.00 to park and enter for a few hours and it was well worth it even without buying anything. i saw alot of things and spent the day hanging out with 3 friends, 2 ex-marines that seemed to know alot of people there. I met some of their friends and saw some old ones. I say even without a new purchase I had a good show.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i dont think you save money by the time you add gas parking and entrance. i do think its a worth while way to spend a day. hell just going out to dinner is more expensive than a gun show imo. i just like going in and walking around, handling guns i cant afford, and meeting folks

Duce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Delaware County
    Yes it does gaul me to spend $13 to go spend money!!!
    But how much did it cost you the last time you went to a movie, concert or such. Hey entertainments, entertainment, check Funniest thing You've seen at the 1500 thread.
    Then the sad fact is that Madison county lacks more than one gunshop {Crackshot} great shop, went to school with the owner, but he can't stock everything.
    Then there's Butch's Gun parts if he ain't got it nobody will. I've worked up a good working relationship with him. I've nearly alway got enough old parts laying around to trade for whatever I need.
    Besides I've learn to cope with the crowd...........I simply wander down the ailes singing or humming Bluegrass Gospel songs and everyone gives you a wide berth...shoot some dealer even give you a discount just to get you away from their table. :eek: :runaway: :@ya:<>< Duce:

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    I go mostly for a good time. I meet my buddies for breakfast and we sometimes go shooting or hiking after the show. Great deals are not to common but you never know what might show up in a FTF.:twocents:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The admission fee more than covers one hazmat fee. Selection is hit and miss on powder though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What happened to the first post? I didn't start this fire.:D

O.K., guys, I'm going to come out and say this and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone. However, if we are going to gun shows to purchased firearms for hundreds if not thousdands of dollars, why are we whining about $13 in overhead?

Don't we want the promoter and the fairgrounds to make money? I know making money is not popular thanks to the current moron in the White House, but don't we want gun shows to continue? Without profit there will be no more gun shows.

Great deals are not to common but you never know what might show up in a FTF

Yes, but there were a dozen great deals that I found at the last show. My girlfriend and my brother found plenty more.

You have to know what you are doing and you have to put in work.

The sense of entitlement and privilege that most people have in today's culture should not be replicated inside the gun culture. That's one of the many joys of the gun culture.:D

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    I know I'm fairly new to the Indy shows, but I came away with two "decent" deals and one that I was real pleased with. The guys who were asking too much simply didn't get my money. :-)

To me the gunshow is like a big ol candy store. I just have to keep in mind what the fair prices are for all the candy I like.

JHAWK1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I ended up spending around 1100 but am very happy got a NIB g32 with tac lite/lazer and AR goodys... wife was mad but when I got home let her go shopping and all was/is good:rockwoot:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    mainly went to buy, but now the deals are not as good and the crowds are horrible.

The deals were fantastic.

The crowds are great. The more the maerrier, the more potential during the hunt.:D

The Romans had a word for the hum of the marketplace, "mercatus".

Great word. The buzz over a marketplace of guns gives me good vibes.:yesway:

Top Bottom