• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Colour me surprised. I've never been a big fan of Groupon, they cause businesses to lose more money than they make most of the time, but this is something else. This just cements it for me. I don't use Groupon and now I never will.

Groupon Cancels All Gun-Related Promotions

Not really true on the losing money part. We use it at the paintball field I manage with great success. But then we price the groupon accordingly. We justify the lower price as advertising and an avenue for up-sales and increased awareness. If people are aware of what we offer then the chance of return and even new business greatly increases. A person with good business sense can make a profit without raping the customer.

It is a shame they aren't offering firearms type deals. If you understand their demographics though it makes sense. Pretty much they are targeting yuppie type liberals with spas and massages. It's the "soccer moms" who buy a lot of the ones for the field. It's funny seeing their whiny little ***** kids get shot and then complain to mommy it's not fair. We do get a lot of college kids from IU that are into it and this is the only way they can really afford it.
    Anyway you look at it no one is forcing anyone to buy anything. Vote with your dollars or more accurately with your lack of dollars.

richardh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Iowa
    Never did much with them, but I just contacted them and said I was canceling all my contacts with them. Need to let them know.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Just saw the NRA twitter posted this article. I've never bought anything from Groupon. Spa days don't appeal to me. But have had someone send me a link for Living Social for the shooting range by Eagle Creak I think. Wondering if Living Social will do the same thing.

There's also a site called Fab that I've sold my products on, and the day after the Connecticut shooting, someone was supposed to be selling necklaces featuring brass. They would replace the primer with a jewel. Looked pretty cool. But Fab took down the sale.

Top Bottom