Shall justice XYZ be retained in office?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    For those of us who have little or no interaction with the justice system, how does one go about finding information to answer this question? It’s easy to gather details about ballot initiatives and politicians, seemingly including even the local dog catcher but Indiana supreme court and court of appeals judges, not so much. I could check my liberal local rag, see if they make any statewide judicial recommendation and then vote the opposite, but that seems simplistic and unsatisfying. Ideas?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I was just researching this same topic this morning.

There is a resource to see all of the judicial BIOS and links to all their decisions.

https://www.in.gov/judiciary/5572.htm

After some basic research, I think I will be voting "yes" to retain State Supreme Court Justice Goff and District Court Judges Elaine Brown and Cale Bradford. Not sure on the others yet.

Just keep in mind no judge has ever not been retained since Indiana went to this retention process in the 1970s.

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It definitely isn't easy. Basically, you have to dig through their judicial record and writings. I'm not aware of anything pointing directly to decisions bearing on controversial points like guns/abortions/etc (not that local judges will see many of those cases). That said, I did dig through my local judge info to come up with a reasonably informed decision, but it definitely takes time.

Here is the best overall place I've found that includes info at the judicial decision level: https://www.vote411.org/ballot It actually lists your judges and then points you directly to the judges at the same site that MCgrease08 lists above.

If you want to try one of the other sites, then just search for "ballot guide". I recommend something other than Google since they have gotten into the business of suppressing access to conservative-oriented web sites and can't be relied on for non-biased information for anything political like elections.

Last edited:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions. Time to do some investigating. I’ve been using DuckDuckGo for searching but just saw something that makes me wonder about them. If you use google to search for images of FLOTUS, you get pictures of Melania. Try the same thing with DuckDuckGo and you get some of Melania and a whole lot of Michelle Obama! Don’t know who to trust anymore!

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    It definitely isn't easy. Basically, you have to dig through their judicial record and writings. I'm not aware of anything pointing directly to decisions bearing on controversial points like guns/abortions/etc (not that local judges will see many of those cases). That said, I did dig through my local judge info to come up with a reasonably informed decision, but it definitely takes time.

Here is the best overall place I've found that includes info at the judicial decision level: https://www.vote411.org/ballot It actually lists your judges and then points you directly to the judges at the same site that MCgrease08 lists above.

If you want to try one of the other sites, then just search for "ballot guide". I recommend something other than Google since they have gotten into the business of suppressing access to conservative-oriented web sites and can't be relied on for non-biased information for anything political like elections.
    Maybe its just me but I seem to get pretty unbiased results from duckduckgo.com

Makes me wonder how long till Google or soros or some kind of globalist buys it or forces it under.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Maybe its just me but I seem to get pretty unbiased results from duckduckgo.com

Makes me wonder how long till Google or soros or some kind of globalist buys it or forces it under.

No, it definitely isn't just you. I just did a DuckDuckGo image search and scanning through 200+ images I didn't see anything for MIchelle Obama. I'm calling BS.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I must be doing something different than you guys. Tried this with both my iPhone and Windows PC and I get the same results: Went to duckduckgo.com, input FLOTUS (just like that) in the search bar, clicked the green search button on the right side of the input window, and then hit the Image selection when it finished loading. I keep seeing about 50% Obama and 50% Melania in the images. Haven't tried clearing my cache, but wouldn't expect that to carry over between devices. Even turned off my uBlock Origin Firefox extension to see if that would help; didn't. Hmmmm.... Just tried it with Chrome on the PC, which I never use, and sure enuf, same result. I must have somehow picked up a "michelle obama" virus!!!

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I must be doing something different than you guys. Tried this with both my iPhone and Windows PC and I get the same results: Went to duckduckgo.com, input FLOTUS (just like that) in the search bar, clicked the green search button on the right side of the input window, and then hit the Image selection when it finished loading. I keep seeing about 50% Obama and 50% Melania in the images. Haven't tried clearing my cache, but wouldn't expect that to carry over between devices. Even turned off my uBlock Origin Firefox extension to see if that would help; didn't. Hmmmm.... Just tried it with Chrome on the PC, which I never use, and sure enuf, same result. I must have somehow picked up a "michelle obama" virus!!!
    Lol.. make sure filter is not on default of moderate but off instead.. I wouldn't think that would change it much but I definitely feel like duckduckgo.com is not set to filter out results. They claim they truly list by number of searches

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Lol.. make sure filter is not on default of moderate but off instead.. I wouldn't think that would change it much but I definitely feel like duckduckgo.com is not set to filter out results. They claim they truly list by number of searches

That doesn't mean their not biased i realize

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

Well, searching for FLOTUS is quite different from Melania. In that case, I'm not surprised you got a lot of Michelle Obama pictures. She was FLOTUS after all.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Probably my fault for not making clear it was “FLOTUS” I was searching for. But still, the odd thing is that DuckDuckGo brings up a roughly equal number of Melania and Michelle images, while the same search on google results in nearly 100% Melania. I certainly prefer Mrs. Trump, but evidently the more biased search engine actually results in images less attuned to the liberal viewpoint. Maybe it’s just as simple as google’s results tend to be more current?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...After some basic research, I think I will be voting "yes" to retain State Supreme Court Justice Goff and District Court Judges Elaine Brown and Cale Bradford...

I'm a big fan of Judge Brown's dissent in Blackford v. Welborn Clinic. She was really on her game.

I am also a big fan of all of the Supreme Court justices as I'm sure they are brilliant enough to agree with Judge Brown's dissent.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Probably my fault for not making clear it was “FLOTUS” I was searching for. But still, the odd thing is that DuckDuckGo brings up a roughly equal number of Melania and Michelle images, while the same search on google results in nearly 100% Melania. I certainly prefer Mrs. Trump, but evidently the more biased search engine actually results in images less attuned to the liberal viewpoint. Maybe it’s just as simple as google’s results tend to be more current?
    I dont think so, Google has admitted they scew the search results so more conservative sites come up towards the end. If a conservative sight reaches a certain percentage then they will allow their search algorithm to do its job

Top Bottom