• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    If I was a felon, and wanted a firearm, I would go to the nearest gun show, look for a private seller, and buy me some guns. Has any Evansville INGOers seen the paper? 8 "felons" were arrested, with a total of 23 hand guns confiscated. I know everyone is against gun control, as am I, but something has to be done to curb this. Maybe the private sellers at gun shows should at least ask to see an LTCH. These guns were not stolen, they had to be bought at gun shows. If I ever have a booth at a gun show, be prepared to show an LTCH, or you wont buy a gun from me. That is just crazy. Responsible gun owners, should also be responsible sellers.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know everyone is against gun control, as am I, but something has to be done to curb this.

Indiana had a universal background check for handguns from 1974 until 1998 when it was repealed as feckless.

Name one prosecution under Indiana's UBC. Name one crime prevented under Indiana's UBC.

Most criminals obtain firearms via burglary, theft and from family: frontline: hot guns: "How Criminals Get Guns" | PBS

The remainder of the criminal class obtain guns from FFLs. FFLs who run background checks. Perhaps another background check would prevent this?

What do you propose? Making Burglary or Theft more illegaler? Make FFLs conduct three background checks?

How will you regulate 3-D printed guns in the very near future?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Indiana had a universal background check for handguns from 1974 until 1998 when it was repealed as feckless.

Name one prosecution under Indiana's UBC. Name one crime prevented under Indiana's UBC.

Most criminals obtain firearms via burglary, theft and from family: frontline: hot guns: "How Criminals Get Guns" | PBS

The remainder of the criminal class obtain guns from FFLs. FFLs who run background checks. Perhaps another background check would prevent this?

What do you propose? Making Burglary or Theft more illegaler? Make FFLs conduct three background checks?

How will you regulate 3-D printed guns in the very near future?
    I vote illegaler, cuz it sounds neat!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So the gun buyer that does not have a LTCH should not be able to buy from a private seller in your eyes??? Not everybody who is not a convicted felon, has a LTCH.

Divide and concur my friend.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I don't really care if felons have guns. I care that people use guns in the commission of crimes. Matters not to me whether they were a felon before or are becoming a brand new one by their new criminal act.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    they should make a place for us to get background checks for people for free for firearm sales....that is not linked to the weapon...allow us to use this voluntariliy..maybe it already exists

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    I didn't read the article but where are you getting this information that they got the guns from gun shows? What if the felon had the guns before he became a felon and had someone hold them for them while they did their time.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    So the gun buyer that does not have a LTCH should not be able to buy from a private seller in your eyes??? Not everybody who is not a convicted felon, has a LTCH.

Divide and concur my friend.
    :+1:

I know of several people (myself included) that bought a gun(s) before they had a LTCH.

More background checks won't stop anymore crime, IMHO.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I say the private seller needs to have some common sense if they feel the person may not be who they are go to a ffl and have them pay for the background check. If you have LEO buddies have them run the name.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Maybe its a blessing if they were bought at a gun show....might have been a violent burglary instead. What you freakin legislation-hungry hiptards refuse to understand, is that criminals don't obey the laws! ! !

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Maybe the felons get their guns from the California democrats who collude with terrorists to import them illegally. When will people realize that it isn't the object that's the problem? Criminals will be criminals no matter what. I believe there are a couple threads on here about homemade guns Austrailia to reinforce this point.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I could be a felon and no one here would know any better and I have bought and sold with several people here. I could have handed them my ID and the LTCH I printed up at home.

All free men should be allowed to protect themselves and their loved ones. At minimum they should be allowed to have a firearm at home.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I have no problem with background checks, just as long as everyone understands its not stopping crime. Its just making the criminals find other methods. I mean, if there were no background checks, all the local gunshops would be selling guns to people that are gonna use them for evil. I dont really like that idea.
    NICS makes it unlikely that a criminal will stop into your favorite gun shop and walk out with his new hipoint, to go pop someone, thats all. It doesnt even come close to stopping them from getting guns, it just makes them have to do it illegally, the way they do it now.

Remember, if they were to ban all guns tomorrow, and have "mr and Mrs America turn them in" they will disarm every law abiding citizen who complies, incriminate the ones who dont, and the real bad guys will still have their guns, that were illegal and untraceable to begin with.

Gun control doesn't work. Never has, never will. But politicians will not let facts and history get in the way.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom