• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarineOne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Hendricks County
    With the number of veterans that are also INGO members, how about a Current Military/Veteran forum in the General Interest category? It'd be a concentrated area where all us could post experiences about our time served. The healthy rivalry amongst the branches of service could be fun had by all. Combining the INGO membership with the military service family could be a powerful tool available here!

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I've been thinking this for some time, but didn't think it would warrant enough support to be accomplished.

It could be used to post recent news/updates regarding active military operations such as new equipment (which interests many in the gun community) or courageous actions by those serving (which serves as motivation to train for gun owners).

I've posted numerous "military related" threads links from all of the place when I get the information from friends still serving and I never know where to put it. So I've always just thrown it in the general firearms section.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I predict a branch/personal pissing match within the first 5 threads.

"I was this and I did that."

"Oh yea well I did THIS and way more of THAT, therefore you were less of a Soldier/Sailor/Marine/Airman than I was."

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I know the1kidd03 does do some of the posts on here for the military. I try to do some as well, although I have not started many threads. I would be for it, but some of the kooks in the foil hats might think that its run by the military, and thus scare them off of INGO, hahaha.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    This has been asked before and our response is pretty much the same.

With all due respect to the men and women of our Armed Forces, we, as an Indiana-based gun forum, don't see the need to have a separate section dedicated solely to military-related discussion. Just as we don't have one for LEOs, or lawyers, or dentists. Currently the Break Room handles such topics and it has worked quite well.

:patriot:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere

With all due respect to the men and women of our Armed Forces, we, as an Indiana-based gun forum, don't see the need to have a separate section dedicated solely to military-related discussion. Just as we don't have one for LEOs, or lawyers, or dentists. Currently the Break Room handles such topics and it has worked quite well.

Kind of what I figured. I still post in general firearms though. I think it (depending on content) gets more attention there than in the break room...:dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Kind of what I figured. I still post in general firearms though. I think it (depending on content) gets more attention there than in the break room...:dunno:

Certainly if its gun-related off-topic discussion then it goes in General Firearms Discussion. If it isn't gun-related then it goes in the Break Room.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Why not just start the ribbing now and and acknowledge what we all know... The Marines would just over take it and scare everyone else away! <inset purple where you think it goes> ;) :ar15:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Figured as much as well. Thanks for the answer

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom