• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just wanted to share my positive experience with my fellow INGOers.

My SBR receiver was in need of engraving, so I checked here and on ARFCOM for some reviews. The good news is that INGOers have LOTS of options when it comes to engraving-- even some local sources that will do it while you wait.

But I was wanting something pretty specific, and I kept hearing the name Ident tossed around on ARFCOM. They were even starting to get better reviews than long-time favorite Orion. So I thought I would give them a chance.

Their service fee is $45 plus $12 for shipping, for a total of $57. I mailed them my receiver, a money order, and specific instructions on how I wanted it engraved. I mailed it out on 2/24 and it arrived in TX on 2/28. They shipped it back to me on 3/9, and I received it on 3/14.

My specifications were:

• Engraved underneath the trigger guard
    • Small and unobtrusive text
    • Depth to ATF specs
    • Filled back in black
    I was very pleasantly surprised when I received my receiver back. The workmanship is exactly what I was wanting. It has a professional fit and finished look. There was also no damage done to any other part of the receiver during the engraving or shipping.

21np8uc.jpg

24cv8fl.jpg

29yifc3.jpg

(for more details on this SBR build see my build thread here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class_iii_nfa/121565-my_ar_sbr_build-in-progress.html )

Although they are on the higher side of the price spectrum, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ident to anyone.

You can find them online at Ident Marking Services ~ Home

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Why do you say that? I realize you have much more experience in this area than I, but I was under the impression that a laser wouldn't cut deep like this.
    Cheap lasers won't cut that deep. To get a laser that will actually cut deep you're into the $20-80k price range.

That is why very few people have lasers that will cut that deep.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I took nothing negative from your statement. :yesway: I was just curious as to what made you would think it was laser cut.

And now that you bring that up, what different methods are commonly used for SBR engraving?

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I came up with that by looking at the sidewalls of the cut. i use a single lip carbide cutter. Thus, my sidewalls are tapered. That's all. There is certainly nothing wrong with the work you had done. I think it looks outstanding. Of course, we engrave using a chisel & chase hammer also. So, there are many methods.

Top Bottom