• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    So I have read and re-read the posts on making it through the airport. I still am a bit confused.
    Flying Frontier Airlines out of Indy. I have read their rules and everything below complies.
    Here is what I have:
    One hard sided gun case with an unloaded pistol in it.
    Two TSA combination locks on the case
    Three loaded magazines in the case "sealed" with tape over the end.
    One TSA lock on the luggage.

Now I have seen some say no TSA locks on the case but regular key locks and to have a TSA lock on the luggage.. Others say TSA locks on the case and luggage it goes in. I understand the declaration at check in and all that. I want a no hassle trip to the plane. Flying to CO, so on that end there is no worry since they have reciprocity with Indiana.

Confused and don't like it.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    DO NOT use TSA locks on your gun case and DO NOT give anyone the keys to your gun case. You may be asked to open it. If you don't use TSA locks on your luggage, they may get cut off.

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    Posting this again. Some of the information is dated (mainly regarding FOPA) but it's mostly still true. Use your own, high-quality padlocks. DO NOT use TSA padlocks. The master bittings are compromised and anyone with a little motivation and craftiness can make a master key. Plus, it's probably illegal.

[video=youtube;KfqtYfaILHw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfqtYfaILHw[/video]

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Have a nice flight, declare your unloaded firearm to Frontier, you will sign a declaration that its unloaded, this they will put either inside your case, or in the outer suitcase.

Lock the gun case holding your declared and unloaded firearm and magazines, then place them into your locked suitcase or whatever your using.

You will be handed a sheet of paper to give to a TSA supervisor after you go through security into the sterile area.

TSA may ask you to wait a few minutes to see if for any reason they have to look inside your bag containing that firearm.

If you have a TSA lock TSA has a key to open it.

If you have anything other than a TSA lock on it they will ask you for your keys and or get your combination.

Again ONLY if there is a reason for them to inspect your bag and or your firearm they (TSA) will, its just that easy..............

Flying with a declared unloaded properly packaged and secured firearm and/or ammunition per air carrier is still OK in America, and happens thousands of times everyday.

If you get to your destination out west and a TSA notice of Inspection sheet is in your bag its date and time stamped after an Officer finishes his or her inspection.

Enjoy your trip and you can print off and read all the following posts telling you how else to do it, what has happened to others, or they heard about this or that.

Unloaded, properly packaged, and declared is the key.

Let us know how it go's.

Top Bottom