• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I have my Indiana lifetime LTCH, but am planning on moving out to Oregon in the next couple of months. I will likely be there a while and will change all of my residency information. How will this effect me? Will Indiana continue to honor my resident Lifetime permit? Any input on this would be great.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Your ILTCH will be void while you are living in Oregon. You will need to notifiy the Indiana State Police that you are moving out of state. If and when you return to Indiana to live, contact the State Police again with your new Indiana address and it will be reactivated.

Last edited:

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    No. Once you stop being an Indiana resident, your permit is no longer valid anywhere.......even Indiana if you just happen to return for a visit. From what I've seen on INGO, once you notify the State Police of your change of address, it becomes inactive. IF you return, I hear it can be re-activated.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Your ILTCH will be void while you are living in Oragon. You will need to notifiy the Indiana State Police that you are moving out of state. If and when you return to Indiana to live, contact the State Police again with your new Indiana address and it will be reactivated.

It will not be valid while you are not residing in Indiana, but would be if you moved back.

No. Once you stop being an Indiana resident, your permit is no longer valid anywhere.......even Indiana if you just happen to return for a visit. From what I've seen on INGO, once you notify the State Police of your change of address, it becomes inactive. IF you return, I hear it can be re-activated.

According to a recent correspondence between ISP and a member here, this is INCORRECT. There is no stipulation in the code to "deactivate"a license, it merely states that you must notify ISP of an address change.

I'll try to find the thread... BRB

Edit: Here it is https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...se/321226-lifetime-ltch-moving-out-state.html

Top Bottom