• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I don't have any details yet but my girlfriend texted me saying that someone shot up the mall. Her sister works there and said she was killing time before work when she heard gunshots and people running/screaming. She said they all went outside and don't know whats going on.

I turned on my Police Scanner app on my phone to Lake and Porter County Public Safety and police are inside the mall. At one point dispatch said that customers and employees wetre locked in stores and she wondered if they can come out.

An officer asked if someone could let him in the front door of Macy's, so apparantly there is a lockdown.

Dispatch also mentioned she had the ATF on the line and wondered if they needed them.

No mention of injuries that i've heard so hopefully all is well

Thats all I've heard so far so if anyone else hears anything post up.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Girlfriend just texted back that 2 guys were fighting and a gun fell out of one of their pockets and went off. Not sure on the truth of this as it's going through multiple people.

still listening, wish this stream was better...

An officer claimed he has a few witnesses. It sounds like their communications are rough right now, dispatcher missed a few things. pretty good static...

Edit: mentioned subjects being detained on the lower level; possibly some truth to the fight story...

Last edited:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    This is one of the many reason i always carry off duty.

absolutely. :yesway: picking up a better holster for my back up gun tommorow....no such thing as being to prepared, especially since my girlfriend has an LTCH and has shot both of my carry guns.

trying to stay up to date....

Dispatch just assigned a case number (not 100% if it's for this incident however.) Still no mention of injuries, so the fight story sounds fairly logical right now...

Edit: This stream covers alot of towns. Hearing traffic stops now, so maybe the incident was not as bad as it sounds..

Edit: Report of shots fired. Sounded unrelated to the mall. (Stream covers, Hammond, Gary, New Chicago, and others so not too surprising.) probably disregard.

Last edited:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Right now im carrying a Walther PPS as a BUG and EDC is a G17, but this coming wednesday I am transitioning to a G21 for duty carry.

I'm not a police officer for the record haha. just in case there was any confusion.

Is .45 your departments duty round, or are you choosing to carry it?

Edit: keeping on topic in the meantime, no further updates on the mall, im guessing the situation was not intended to be violent, or it was diffused quickly (pure speculation)

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Ahhh, ok. Had me confused since you were using an app to listen to scanner traffic, lol.

Our department is going to the .45 Glock 21 from the G17.

yea i don't have a true scanner so i have a free app on my Android, and i'm at the mercy of whoever is nice enough to open a stream over the internet haha.

I am in college for criminal justice, however, so i am very interested in the happenings of daily police life. Highland PD doesn't call over the air very much, because of their in-car system, so i didn't want to drop the money on a nice scanner.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    But that's a Simon property. Guns aren't allowed there. Must be some kind of hoax being pulled here.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom