Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The influx of March '10 join dates with 25-30 posts per day is getting really annoying.

I don't like to consider myself a tattle tail, but I report them as soon as I see it.

I only wish there was some sort of function that allows X number of INGO vets to sign a petition to lock an account until a mod gets here, because there have been too many a-holes that have slipped in under the mod radar and got to the classifieds before a mod could take care of it.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    The influx of March '10 join dates with 25-30 posts per day is getting really annoying.

I don't like to consider myself a tattle tail, but I report them as soon as I see it.

I only wish there was some sort of function that allows X number of INGO vets to sign a petition to lock an account until a mod gets here, because there have been too many a-holes that have slipped in under the mod radar and got to the classifieds before a mod could take care of it.

I think my report post function is wearing out!!

I have gotten neg rep from several for commenting about their post quality, there are several of us who watch the board a bit I have gotten PMs from other members when they see the PW noobs. The mods are running thin so I figure a bit of help does NOT hurt.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Could reading (or at least opening) the FAQ be required before one could post? I know they have to check off to the user terms and conditions, but maybe that would, at the least, give them a warning about empty posts.

Again... In function, this wouldn't serve any more purpose as agreeing to terms and conditions, but it appears nice in form

Ah, screw the idea. It won't help/change anything.

Last edited:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg

I can live with the 51st post being in the classifieds but have a little class and decorum about it! We all make offers sometimes for less than the seller is asking, expecially if the seller has not listed their price as "firm". But don't embarrass yourself by just posting your lame=@# offer in the thread. Offers and negotiations should be dealt with in PM's. I'm getting tired of seeing posts like "what's your bottom dollar?" or "I got two shotguns" Big flipping deal! I have NINE shotguns, what's your point? Are you trying to offer, in a remarkably incoherent manner, your two shotguns for the sellers item? The worst post I saw this weekend was "I got an offer on a pistol (Sorry, can't remember the specific make and model) Anybody want to beat that?" INGO is not Ebay and we don't run things like an auction here. That being said, the Mods and Fenway do a great job of keeping this circus under control, so none of us should complain too much.

Ok, rant over. I'm going back to my tinfoil collection. I have a lot of orders for hats to fill.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I can live with the 51st post being in the classifieds but have a little class and decorum about it! We all make offers sometimes for less than the seller is asking, expecially if the seller has not listed their price as "firm". But don't embarrass yourself by just posting your lame=@# offer in the thread. Offers and negotiations should be dealt with in PM's. I'm getting tired of seeing posts like "what's your bottom dollar?" or "I got two shotguns" Big flipping deal! I have NINE shotguns, what's your point? Are you trying to offer, in a remarkably incoherent manner, your two shotguns for the sellers item? The worst post I saw this weekend was "I got an offer on a pistol (Sorry, can't remember the specific make and model) Anybody want to beat that?" INGO is not Ebay and we don't run things like an auction here. That being said, the Mods and Fenway do a great job of keeping this circus under control, so none of us should complain too much.

Ok, rant over. I'm going back to my tinfoil collection. I have a lot of orders for hats to fill.

I don't think anyone is complaining about the job the mods are doing. They are few and the newbs exploiting the classifieds are many.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I don't think anyone is complaining about the job the mods are doing. They are few and the newbs exploiting the classifieds are many.

No, I didn't think you or anyone else was complaining about the mods. They do a great job for no pay. It's just like you said; the newbs are many and the mods are few.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    KnifeSocket.jpg

The same thing happens when one posts a bunch of one liners to get into the classifieds.

ZAP!!

motivator1f2eeeb37307d16b6f6570f494.jpg

:laugh:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Why don't we raise the post count to 200 to use the classifieds??

Were you around when it got raised to 50 (from 10)? People screamed bloody murder. You'd have thought the world was ending. And anyway, it won't really solve the problem, it'll just mean we have to clean up 200 posts worth of garbage instead of 50.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Why don't we raise the post count to 200 to use the classifieds??

Then there will be a bunch of 200 liners. I've offered this suggestion a number of times. If the post count is 50, then you dont receive pm, email privledges until then. Yes there still be some of our members who post a phone number and the newbs get around it but it would cut down on a lot.

If that doesnt happen, a lot of us you really care about this site need to stay together and pm each other when we see this go on. We need to keep reporting to mods and neg rep these people. Even the members that deal with these people.

I know this is only a internet site but to some it is much more than that.

My :twocents:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Were you around when it got raised to 50 (from 10)? People screamed bloody murder. You'd have thought the world was ending. And anyway, it won't really solve the problem, it'll just mean we have to clean up 200 posts worth of garbage instead of 50.
    I was here. The site was flooded with tears. It just sucks that folks want to take advantage of a great site just to sell/ buy some guns.
    I wish a better probationary period could be set up to weed out the "salesmen".:rolleyes:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Then there will be a bunch of 200 liners. I've offered this suggestion a number of times. If the post count is 50, then you dont receive pm, email privledges until then. Yes there still be some of our members who post a phone number and the newbs get around it but it would cut down on a lot.

If that doesnt happen, a lot of us you really care about this site need to stay together and pm each other when we see this go on. We need to keep reporting to mods and neg rep these people. Even the members that deal with these people.

I know this is only a internet site but to some it is much more than that.

My :twocents:

My thoughts exactly. I know I postwhore a lot, but I really like this site.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Some other sites I know restrict "rookies" to no more than 5 posts per day for a certain period of time. Call it "probation" if you will...

Some throttling like that might tame these guys a bit.

Top Bottom