• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    So I have been completing some landscaping and yard work, and decided it is finally time to put up a real Flag pole. I am looking for a 15 to 25 foot pole to cement into the ground that will hold either a 4x6 or 5x8 Flag. I will settle for 3x5 if I have to. Prefer aluminum over fiberglass due to cost.

Found some online, but would like to find somewhere fairly local to look at and purchase them. And, some of them get REALLY expensive.

Any suggestions?

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    whats the budget?
    the ones at lowes/homedepot that are sectioned peices to make it 15/20 feet tall will bend and start to have a noticable bend in them in not time... they still stand 10-15 years later, but they will bend.

a couple of months ago there was a mulch/stone commercial something musclefarms.com or something to that nature... muscle something .com had one peice flagpoles for around 4-500 if im not mistaken... eitherway, if you keep a flag on it at night, keep atleast one light on it (i keep 2) *even though the flag is supposed to come down at night*

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    do we have an insider here?? i would love to get something better then what i have... plus i know my neighbors are looking as well.

Cornbread

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    20' with alu.with 3x5 flag ordered it from wal-mart. Very happy with it so far. I fly 2 3x5 flags 1 American and 1 Airborne with no problems. Price was 129.00 and I picked it up from the store.:patriot:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    20' with alu.with 3x5 flag ordered it from wal-mart. Very happy with it so far. I fly 2 3x5 flags 1 American and 1 Airborne with no problems. Price was 129.00 and I picked it up from the store.:patriot:
    im assuming thats about a 4 peice pole? if so thats very similar if not identical to the two i have had... both are bent... dad took a section out of his... i have left my bent section in... something about being at work when pop up thunderstorms suddenly pop up and cause mayhem.

looks to be the same...

$86.54, not a bad price. i paid a little more :(

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    There is a flag place ( the name escapes me) just before you get to Columbus, that might be what you are looking for. I will try and remember to get the name on Monday!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I can likely hook you up with any medium to higher end yard and garden stuff for way less than full retail. If you have a particular product in mind, all I need to know is the manufacturer name. If you have something more general in mind (like a flagpole) I can tell you what my preferred distributors have in stock, but I'm not gonna research every distributor and every relevant item without a very detailed description of what you need.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    whats the budget?
    the ones at lowes/homedepot that are sectioned peices to make it 15/20 feet tall will bend and start to have a noticable bend in them in not time... they still stand 10-15 years later, but they will bend.

a couple of months ago there was a mulch/stone commercial something musclefarms.com or something to that nature... muscle something .com had one peice flagpoles for around 4-500 if im not mistaken... eitherway, if you keep a flag on it at night, keep atleast one light on it (i keep 2) *even though the flag is supposed to come down at night*

As long as the flag is well lit, by Military standards it can be flown during dark hours.

92FS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Phoenix
    I can likely hook you up with any medium to higher end yard and garden stuff for way less than full retail. If you have a particular product in mind, all I need to know is the manufacturer name. If you have something more general in mind (like a flagpole) I can tell you what my preferred distributors have in stock, but I'm not gonna research every distributor and every relevant item without a very detailed description of what you need.

I have two uncles that have the below linked flagpole and they are both very satisfied with the quality and function. What kind of deal can you hook me up with on:
    Topflight Telescoping Flagpoles

The best overall deal I've found online so far is $179 including shipping:
    TopFlight Aluminum Telescoping Flagpoles|Wall Mount Flagpoles|Flag pole Accessories|Flagpole with American Flag

Thank you.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have two uncles that have the below linked flagpole and they are both very satisfied with the quality and function. What kind of deal can you hook me up with on:
    Topflight Telescoping Flagpoles

The best overall deal I've found online so far is $179 including shipping:
    TopFlight Aluminum Telescoping Flagpoles|Wall Mount Flagpoles|Flag pole Accessories|Flagpole with American Flag

Thank you.

I just filled out their dealer info card. I'll let you know what I can do as soon as I see their dealer pricing.

Top Bottom