• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmathis92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Plainfield
    A few years ago my friend brought me back this round from the Indy gun show at the state fairgrounds. He said it was a .50 BMG but I wasn't sure it was at the time. I never really looked into the round until yesterday. I tried to google the headstamp but didn't get to far. I did learn it was from Western Cartridge Company though but that was all. The headstamp says WCC 08 (as seen in the pictures). The case measures 4 inches and the diameter is 3/4 of a inch. I am under the assumption that means it's a .75 caliber round. Anyway I need some help identifying this round. Thanks in advance.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    By using the measuring tape in your picture and an engineer's scale on my end I was able to aproxamte the diameter of the projectile at .5" That would lead me to believe that this is a .50 BMG

cmathis92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Plainfield
    Ohhh ok I understand now guys. I was measuring it wrong my bad guys. What about the headstamp though? What does the 08 mean? The year it was made?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    And the next question? Is usually, what is it worth? In components, case and projectile about a buck each. Results may vary. But they usually sell for $3.00 at the 1500. Just FYI Which is not too far off from a loaded round. Again results may vary.

Top Bottom