Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Got a new holster from aliengear. I wont go into all of it, but my biggest beef is the lack of kydex. what say you INGO? should there be more kydex to cover the trigger? Its only a small gap, but not sure I like being able to see the leading edge of my trigger.

IMG_0284.JPG

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
      photo1.JPG
      11 KB · Views: 9

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd want a bit more protection for the trigger. The only exception would be for a holster with a thumb break over the hammer for a DA pistol. For a single action or striker fired, I would not feel comfortable with the trigger exposed, especially the front end.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Oh, and I don't think the poll is going to give you the info you want. English isn't mastered by 100% of us on here...does the "yes" option mean we think it is, or is not enough Kydex?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and I don't think the poll is going to give you the info you want. English isn't mastered by 100% of us on here...does the "yes" option mean we think it is, or is not enough Kydex?

Meh. point taken. Its not really intended to be scientific and I have no illusions that anything meaningful will come from it. We all just needed to vote for bacon. :):

I've already made up my mind and am waiting to hear back from customer service as to whether THEY think its adequate/normal QC.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Meh. point taken. Its not really intended to be scientific and I have no illusions that anything meaningful will come from it. We all just needed to vote for bacon. :):

I've already made up my mind and am waiting to hear back from customer service as to whether THEY think its adequate/normal QC.

WOW, I just re-read my post. I sounded really snarky, not my intention.

I have a Raven concealment Kydex holster for my M&P that I love but it was made to accommodate my pistol with the light attached and therefore the kydex that covers the trigger isn't really blocking the trigger. It has enough length when viewed from the direct profile but there is space laterally that things could get into and potentially contact the trigger.

I think I'm with you on this one. I like to know my pistol is pretty safe and locked up when it is holstered. It kind of defeats the purpose to have is holstered and still have to worry about what you brush up against, the draw string on some coats, or any other thing that gets close to it that might have a small chance of making its way to the trigger. If I understand Kirk Freeman right, as long as the trigger isn't touched it cannot go off, right? :):

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    I make stuff for myself and I personally don't think it looks right.
    It's not hard to get nice coverage of the trigger guard. It almost makes me think some edge work got gibbered up and they had to hack into it further to fix it. :twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's not safe. Especially with the thumb safety exposed and easily pushed into firing position.
    I wouldn't wait on anything. Send it back explaining it is unacceptable. Then negotiate what they will do to make this right.

cmkaehr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Not enough. I recently started making kydex holsters and even a few hybrid holsters. I could probably make you a new shell for yours if you would be interested. I have an alien gear holster I bought before I started making my own I could use as a template.
    Email me if you are interested, shieldholsters@hotmail.com

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not enough. I recently started making kydex holsters and even a few hybrid holsters. I could probably make you a new shell for yours if you would be interested. I have an alien gear holster I bought before I started making my own I could use as a template.
    Email me if you are interested, shieldholsters@hotmail.com

Thanks for the offer, but I refuse to pay my hard earned money for crap product that has to be completely rebuilt to be good. I wont reward bad work, so it will go back.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For a minute there, I thought this was going to be a thread about how Putin and Obama were trying to eliminate kydex and all the gougers had bought it up.

Top Bottom