• ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm looking for a new wallet.

When I was first old enough to carry a wallet I carried a tri-fold, like the one seen here:

TriFoldBrnWallet3MainLrg.jpg

I never did like how the tri-fold folded my bills, and I didn't like how quickly it would bulk up. I never carried it in my back pocket like most guys do.

So I later switched it up to a bi-fold, like this:

leather-bifold-wallet.gif

That's what I currently carry, and I still don't like putting it in my back pocket-- its bulky and uncomfortable when seated. That means that I either don't have it on my person, or I toss it into my front pocket as I walk into the store, which is still bulky.

So now I'm looking for something a bit more streamlined, and something that is specifically designed to be carried in a front pocket.

Here is what I need it to hold:

• Driver's License
    • Debit Card
    • LTCH
    • A couple bucks
    Everything else (business cards, family pictures, membership cards, etc) I can keep in a secondary wallet that isn't carried on my person.

It must be slim, as flat as possible, and not grab my pocket as I take it in and out.

I've seen a few things that piqued my interest, but I was curious if any INGOers had experience with them, or others that might fit my criteria?

The Jimi Wallet

policestuff_2169_93076017

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What about a money clip?

Have you considered a money clip in a front pocket

I'm open to any ideas.

Some pocket clips I've seen only work when they are "full". If you remove some cash or a card then everything else falls out.

I've also seen some that look even bulkier and thicker than a regular wallet.

Do you guys have any issue with cards/money being torn up or abused because they are somewhat unprotected?

What type of clip do you use or recommend?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've carried something like this for around 15 years.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-Bags-Lambskin-Leather-Crafted/dp/B004M6ZWNS/ref=pd_sim_misc_7]Amazon.com: Swiss Bags Fine Lambskin Leather Hand Crafted Men's Mini Wallet ID Credit Card Holder Front Pocket Wallet with Spring Clip - Black Comes in a Gift Bag: Clothing[/ame]

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm open to any ideas.

Some pocket clips I've seen only work when they are "full". If you remove some cash or a card then everything else falls out.

I've also seen some that look even bulkier and thicker than a regular wallet.

Do you guys have any issue with cards/money being torn up or abused because they are somewhat unprotected?

What type of clip do you use or recommend?

I don't really have a problem with stuff falling out. If you stretch the money clip, you can bend it back. I know that is not ideal, but I try to keep the same amount of cards, and not over stuff it so it doesn't stretch.

My cards and money don't really get torn up. My LTCH is laminated, and the corners have started to come apart, but that doesn't really bother me. I have more.

I posted a link in my first post to a clip that is somewhat like what I have. I also found another one that claims to "spring back," which will apparently not let things fall out. It is bigger than what I have, and I'm not too keen on the looks, but I'm sure there are others out there.

Superior Titanium - Viper Titanium Money Clip

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    This is very similar to what I have used since High School. I love it. I carry front pocket too.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dosh-Luxe-Card-Money-Wallet/dp/B004WOQC8Y/ref=pd_sbs_a_5]Amazon.com: Dosh Luxe 6 Card Money Slot Wallet: Clothing[/ame]

Top Bottom