• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    A bout a hundred years or so didn't trolly cars run on electrified wires strung above their routes? To me that would seem to be a somewhat logical impractical way to power the trains. Maybe install solar panels and windmills on the locomotives. That way the faster they go the more electricity the windmill will generate. Or could the whole idea of eliminating diesel locomotives is just too stupid for any solution. Jim.

No no, the windmill blade will pull them along like an airplane, the faster they go the more efficient they become until they reach perpetual motion and or warp speed.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My guess is that this is just another ca tax on the rest of the country. How much stuff that the US uses that comes from china unloads in ca? That will have to be loaded on a ca approved train or truck at least as far as the border where I would imagine that the machine connected have already built large terminals to break and reload freight of all kinds to continue on to it's destination.
    I would think greater utilization of the port of San Diego, electrotruck transfer to a diesel train running in Mexico on a purpose-built spur to Yuma and then on to US diesel trains from there - or greater usage of ports in Oregon or Washington if they aren't foolish enough to go along with that stupidity. There would be A LOT of money to be made by somebody not operating within Cali so it could happen

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if the 'pay into state coffers' portion of the idea was the only part intended to be actually put in place

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I would think greater utilization of the port of San Diego, electrotruck transfer to a diesel train running in Mexico on a purpose-built spur to Yuma and then on to US diesel trains from there - or greater usage of ports in Oregon or Washington if they aren't foolish enough to go along with that stupidity. There would be A LOT of money to be made by somebody not operating within Cali so it could happen

Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if the 'pay into state coffers' portion of the idea was the only part intended to be actually put in place
    Could they use illegals to transport from the ports to the state line by foot? Make the effort a condition of their handouts. Walk 5 days a week with 100lbs of goods on your back to the drop station at the state line and after 4 consecutive weeks of walking you get a voucher for the handouts. Stop working and you get a bus ride to Mexico.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    My uncle in California was telling me that they were also considering residential use water purifiers. You would flush your toilet or drain your washing machine into such a device. It would evaporate, filter, whatever it does, and then you would gain additional uses of the same water.
    Go ahead and drink to that! Cheers!
    As Cheech and Chong would say, “Good thing we didn’t step in it!”

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    RE: California bans this and that — perhaps the remaining 49 states should ban California from the Union!
    Better yet maybe it will fall into the Pacific once the San Andreas Fault works some magic! :dunno:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    California would just pass this to expand on what San Fran is doing.

View attachment 352003

The trains try to leave and they get sued.

Following the prop 65 model which forced labeling requirements on everything under threat of lawsuits.

At the end of the day CA leadership will want some sort of political enforcers with police powers that can make all of this stuff stick.

That will be a signal event.

Top Bottom